Lane Regional Medical Centre successfully opened its newly constructed helipad. As reported by The Advocate, the new helipad will be beneficial in transporting high risk patients with life threatening conditions. Before the pad was built, they received around 10 air ambulance cases a year, now since the opening, the hospital has received seven patients so far, one case coming in per week.
With a population of 200 000 people, majority in rural areas, the air ambulance is well used. The newly constructed helipad allows for any landing, day or night. It consists of 1 849 square feet, has LED night vision lightning along with a lighted wind sock.
The construction was made possible by the budgeting of the hospital along with a grant by the Louisiana Department of Transportation. Donations were made by Barriere Construction Company.
- CPI Aero names ex Bell CEO as their new Chairman
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour