It’s Scholarship Season! The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund Inc. (WGSF, Inc.) is proud to announce that Whirly-Girl members in good standing as at September 20, 2016 can now apply for a wide range of Scholarships for 2017.
Applications are currently being accepted and will close on October 1, 2016.
Whirly-Girls is an organization of over 1900 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries and continues to grow as women become increasingly active in helicopter aviation.
The Whirly-Girls are pleased to continue to offer an Add-on Flight Training Scholarship for female pilots rated in aircraft other than helicopters.
This scholarship, funded by the WGSF, Inc., is awarded to a certificated female pilot who does not currently have a helicopter rating and provides $8,000 to be applied towards earning her add-on helicopter rating. The applicant will be evaluated for evidence of intent to work in the helicopter industry. Requirements: the applicant must be an auxiliary member in good standing at the time of application submission, award of scholarship, and during scholarship training, and must have joined the Whirly-Girls as an auxiliary member no later than September 20, 2016. The scholarship must be completed by December 31, 2017.
Since 1968, the Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund has awarded over 300 scholarships. In 2016, the organization awarded 28 scholarships exceeding a total value of $175,000 to well-deserving applicants.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters