It’s Scholarship Season! The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund Inc. (WGSF, Inc.) is proud to announce that Whirly-Girl members in good standing as at September 20, 2016 can now apply for a wide range of Scholarships for 2017.
Applications are currently being accepted and will close on October 1, 2016.
Whirly-Girls is an organization of over 1900 female helicopter pilots in 45 countries and continues to grow as women become increasingly active in helicopter aviation.
The Whirly-Girls are pleased to continue to offer an Add-on Flight Training Scholarship for female pilots rated in aircraft other than helicopters.
This scholarship, funded by the WGSF, Inc., is awarded to a certificated female pilot who does not currently have a helicopter rating and provides $8,000 to be applied towards earning her add-on helicopter rating. The applicant will be evaluated for evidence of intent to work in the helicopter industry. Requirements: the applicant must be an auxiliary member in good standing at the time of application submission, award of scholarship, and during scholarship training, and must have joined the Whirly-Girls as an auxiliary member no later than September 20, 2016. The scholarship must be completed by December 31, 2017.
Since 1968, the Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund has awarded over 300 scholarships. In 2016, the organization awarded 28 scholarships exceeding a total value of $175,000 to well-deserving applicants.
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129