The first civil helicopter to be upgraded by Helibras in Brazil will be touring the country from August 31 to September 29.
The first civil helicopter to be upgraded by Helibras in Brazil is being presented in an aircraft demonstration tour starting this week. Helibras announced the transformation of an EC135 P2 into the latest version of this model, the H135, during its participation in the LABACE 2016 civil aviation fair held in São Paulo from August 30 to September 1. The model will now embark on a demo tour of São Paulo, Curitiba, Florianopolis, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte from August 31 to September 29.
“The modernized H135 will be presented to our customers so that they can experience for themselves the performance improvements obtained with this upgrade. We expect this to be the first of many for the civilian market,” said Dominique Andreani, vice president of business and services at Helibras.
The modernization of the helicopter provides a significant increase in aircraft performance thanks to the addition of a 20-cm in diameter main rotor and new blades. New FADEC software has also been installed, along with a number of new components and structural parts, extending the lifetime of the helicopter. The maximum takeoff weight has increased to 2980 kg, especially in hot environments. The modernization also offers a gain of 90 kg during takeoffs from high-altitude helipads.
In addition, the helicopter’s engine parameters monitoring system and flight management system have been upgraded, and fuel consumption has been reduced by 2.3%.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International