The first civil helicopter to be upgraded by Helibras in Brazil will be touring the country from August 31 to September 29.
The first civil helicopter to be upgraded by Helibras in Brazil is being presented in an aircraft demonstration tour starting this week. Helibras announced the transformation of an EC135 P2 into the latest version of this model, the H135, during its participation in the LABACE 2016 civil aviation fair held in São Paulo from August 30 to September 1. The model will now embark on a demo tour of São Paulo, Curitiba, Florianopolis, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte from August 31 to September 29.
“The modernized H135 will be presented to our customers so that they can experience for themselves the performance improvements obtained with this upgrade. We expect this to be the first of many for the civilian market,” said Dominique Andreani, vice president of business and services at Helibras.
The modernization of the helicopter provides a significant increase in aircraft performance thanks to the addition of a 20-cm in diameter main rotor and new blades. New FADEC software has also been installed, along with a number of new components and structural parts, extending the lifetime of the helicopter. The maximum takeoff weight has increased to 2980 kg, especially in hot environments. The modernization also offers a gain of 90 kg during takeoffs from high-altitude helipads.
In addition, the helicopter’s engine parameters monitoring system and flight management system have been upgraded, and fuel consumption has been reduced by 2.3%.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO