Sikorsky today continued its celebration of the S-92® helicopter fleet’s one million flight hour milestone with events in the North Sea Region, the largest S-92 operating area in the world. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT).
Celebrating Monday in Aberdeen, Scotland, and Tuesday in Stavanger, Norway, Sikorsky executives thanked operators and customers for their dedication and trust in the S-92 helicopter to transport oil and gas workers. The S-92 helicopter, with an accident rate less than 1/10th of the U.S. Civil Multi-Turbine engine helicopter rate, sets a high industry standard for safety and reliability. Of the S-92 fleet’s first one million flight hours, 87 percent were flown in support of offshore oil missions with a greater than 95 percent availability rate.
“We are proud to recognize our S-92 customers and to thank the operators in this region who fly more than 90 Sikorsky S-92 helicopters,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz, adding that, “Recently we’ve seen a 20 percent increase in operational rates for S-92s overall, and Sikorsky continues to expand our support capabilities to our customers around the world, to include forward stocking locations (FSL) in Aberdeen and Stavanger. Our commitment at Sikorsky is to deliver a safe and reliable aircraft everywhere, every time.”
Sikorsky’s newest forward stocking location, at Aberdeen Airport Dyce, will begin operations by the end of the third quarter. Sikorsky will also expand its current FSL at Stavanger Airport by the end of the year. Lockheed Martin has invested in three Sikorsky FSLs world-wide and will continue positioning inventory closer to operators.
As part of the S-92 helicopter fleet’s one million flight hour milestone, Sikorsky has launched a “Thanks a Million” campaign to thank customers, employees, operators, and suppliers for achieving this landmark in an impressively short time.
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92