The Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS) has announced that the fifth edition of CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser has been one of their biggest years yet, raising $387,675. Since it started in 2011, the fundraiser has seen the Alberta community come together and raise more than $4.1 million for STARS.
This morning, STARS partnered with influential Calgary and Edmonton business leaders for a day they won’t soon forget. The five participants were picked up from the Calgary Peace Bridge helipad and dropped them off at a remote mountain location in Kananaskis Country. While stranded in the deserted location, the CEOs faced a series of challenges, including a readiness, survival and STARS medical challenge. Using only their cell phones to collect donations, the CEOs reached out to colleagues, friends and fellow philanthropists to raise $100,000 (per company) before they were “rescued” by a STARS air ambulance.
“Today’s CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser was an amazing success and we are so appreciative of the generous donations raised,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “Year after year, we are blown away by how enthusiastic the CEOs are to swap their business attire for a flight suit and tackle the fundraising goal. Thank you for helping STARS be there for the next patient that needs us.”
This year’s Alberta business leaders whose fundraising and wilderness prowess were both put to the test included Janet Riopel, president and CEO, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce; Grant Beck, president and CEO, Graham Construction; Marcos Lopez, president and CEO, Solium Capital; and Allison Grafton and Grainger Nimmo, Co-Owners, Rockwood Homes.
Funds raised through CEO Rescue in the Rockies will help STARS provide time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients. To learn more about CEO Rescue in the Rockies for STARS or to nominate a CEO for next year’s challenge, visit support.stars.ca/ceorescue2016.
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo