The Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS) has announced that the fifth edition of CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser has been one of their biggest years yet, raising $387,675. Since it started in 2011, the fundraiser has seen the Alberta community come together and raise more than $4.1 million for STARS.
This morning, STARS partnered with influential Calgary and Edmonton business leaders for a day they won’t soon forget. The five participants were picked up from the Calgary Peace Bridge helipad and dropped them off at a remote mountain location in Kananaskis Country. While stranded in the deserted location, the CEOs faced a series of challenges, including a readiness, survival and STARS medical challenge. Using only their cell phones to collect donations, the CEOs reached out to colleagues, friends and fellow philanthropists to raise $100,000 (per company) before they were “rescued” by a STARS air ambulance.
“Today’s CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser was an amazing success and we are so appreciative of the generous donations raised,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “Year after year, we are blown away by how enthusiastic the CEOs are to swap their business attire for a flight suit and tackle the fundraising goal. Thank you for helping STARS be there for the next patient that needs us.”
This year’s Alberta business leaders whose fundraising and wilderness prowess were both put to the test included Janet Riopel, president and CEO, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce; Grant Beck, president and CEO, Graham Construction; Marcos Lopez, president and CEO, Solium Capital; and Allison Grafton and Grainger Nimmo, Co-Owners, Rockwood Homes.
Funds raised through CEO Rescue in the Rockies will help STARS provide time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients. To learn more about CEO Rescue in the Rockies for STARS or to nominate a CEO for next year’s challenge, visit support.stars.ca/ceorescue2016.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team