The Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service (STARS) has announced that the fifth edition of CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser has been one of their biggest years yet, raising $387,675. Since it started in 2011, the fundraiser has seen the Alberta community come together and raise more than $4.1 million for STARS.
This morning, STARS partnered with influential Calgary and Edmonton business leaders for a day they won’t soon forget. The five participants were picked up from the Calgary Peace Bridge helipad and dropped them off at a remote mountain location in Kananaskis Country. While stranded in the deserted location, the CEOs faced a series of challenges, including a readiness, survival and STARS medical challenge. Using only their cell phones to collect donations, the CEOs reached out to colleagues, friends and fellow philanthropists to raise $100,000 (per company) before they were “rescued” by a STARS air ambulance.
“Today’s CEO Rescue in the Rockies fundraiser was an amazing success and we are so appreciative of the generous donations raised,” said Andrea Robertson, president and CEO of STARS. “Year after year, we are blown away by how enthusiastic the CEOs are to swap their business attire for a flight suit and tackle the fundraising goal. Thank you for helping STARS be there for the next patient that needs us.”
This year’s Alberta business leaders whose fundraising and wilderness prowess were both put to the test included Janet Riopel, president and CEO, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce; Grant Beck, president and CEO, Graham Construction; Marcos Lopez, president and CEO, Solium Capital; and Allison Grafton and Grainger Nimmo, Co-Owners, Rockwood Homes.
Funds raised through CEO Rescue in the Rockies will help STARS provide time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients. To learn more about CEO Rescue in the Rockies for STARS or to nominate a CEO for next year’s challenge, visit support.stars.ca/ceorescue2016.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO