The Joint Multi-Role Technology Demonstration (JMR-TD) will see its first planned flight in 2017 as the two rotorcraft that are currently being built by Sikorsky and Boeing and Bell Helicopters, are well on track. The JMR-TD is an Army project that aims to create advanced vertical-flight designs. Such designs could help replace the Army’s Sikorsky H-60 and the Navy’s MH-60R/S helicopters.
This project was started in 2011 and the aim to have it completed in 2020. The JMR-TD will be complete with two platforms that accommodate four crew members as well as 12 passengers. A self-deployment range of 2100 nautical miles, a speed of over 230 knots and “360 degree situational awareness” reports Sea Power Magazine.
Boeing and Sikorsky are working on the SB-1 Defiant and hope to get their first flight in 2017. The Defiant has a co-axial compound rigid motor, with a composite material fuselage and pusher type tail rotor. Bell Helicopters is currently 65% complete with their V-280 Valor tiltrotor demonstrator craft and also hope to fly in 2017.
- Aberdeen SAR team reach 500th mission milestone
- HAI Names Recipient of 2021 Salute to Excellence Law Enforcement Award
- Airbus drops price on AS350 Crash Resistant Fuel System
- HAI supports Advanced Air Mobility Coordination and Leadership Act
- Turkish Aerospace Industries display unmanned T629 attack helicopter
- Bell-Boeing awarded $309M contract for four CMV-22B Ospreys
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints Interim CEO
- Universal Avionics appoints Director of Contracts
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters