The Joint Multi-Role Technology Demonstration (JMR-TD) will see its first planned flight in 2017 as the two rotorcraft that are currently being built by Sikorsky and Boeing and Bell Helicopters, are well on track. The JMR-TD is an Army project that aims to create advanced vertical-flight designs. Such designs could help replace the Army’s Sikorsky H-60 and the Navy’s MH-60R/S helicopters.
This project was started in 2011 and the aim to have it completed in 2020. The JMR-TD will be complete with two platforms that accommodate four crew members as well as 12 passengers. A self-deployment range of 2100 nautical miles, a speed of over 230 knots and “360 degree situational awareness” reports Sea Power Magazine.
Boeing and Sikorsky are working on the SB-1 Defiant and hope to get their first flight in 2017. The Defiant has a co-axial compound rigid motor, with a composite material fuselage and pusher type tail rotor. Bell Helicopters is currently 65% complete with their V-280 Valor tiltrotor demonstrator craft and also hope to fly in 2017.
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter
- Albuquerque Police get public complaints from increase helicopter use
- Italian Army retires AB205 after 51 years service
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connect
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm