The National Police Air Service and the Police Service of Northern Ireland conducted a formation fly past over St. Paul’s Cathedral this afternoon as part of the service of remembrance for National Police Memorial Day 2016. A fitting tribute to honour almost 4,000 fallen colleagues, police air support crews flew in a diamond formation with four aircraft above the congregation as they were leaving the service.
Speaking about the fly past, Chief Superintendent Tyron Joyce, Chief Operating Officer for the National Police Air Service said: “National Police Memorial Day recognises the bravery and dedication of serving police officers across the UK. I am proud that the National Police Air Service could play its part in this hugely significant day and offer a fitting tribute to our colleagues who have lost their lives in the line of duty.”
An official annual national day, National Police Memorial Day provides a dignified and sensitive service of remembrance each year to honour the courage and ultimate sacrifice of Police Officers throughout the UK. After the inaugural service was held at St Paul’s in 2004, it has subsequently been held at different venues across England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. This year, it returned to St. Paul’s. With the patronage of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, the event is supported by and attended by Royalty, the Government and Police Forces across the UK.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s