Women in Aviation International received an $8,000 grant from Bell Helicopter which will be used to provide instructional materials about helicopters to use as a hands-on teaching activity for girls ages 8 to 16 for the September 24, 2016, youth outreach.
“We are delighted with this grant which will enable us to present another fascinating segment of aviation to the girls,” said WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “With this grant, Bell Helicopter has created future helicopter pilots, designers, and engineers. We thank them for joining with us to plant the seeds for this exciting facet of the aviation industry.”
International Girls in Aviation Day is September 24, 2016, where WAI chapters around the world will again host their own one-day event to attract more young women to the aviation and aerospace communities with a day of activities appealing to girls ages 8 to 16 years. This program is an outgrowth of the successful Girls in Aviation Day events held since 2012 during the annual International Women in Aviation Conference.
“In addition, this Bell Helicopter grant makes it possible to provide our chapters with low- and no-cost teaching materials that they will use on Girls in Aviation Day. We will now be able to provide a DVD on helicopter careers produced by the Helicopter Association International, as well as an all-new hands-on rotary-wing activity,” added Dr. Chabrian.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue