It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the passing over the weekend of my predecessor as CEO, Paul Kuhn.
Paul, who joined Kaman in 1999, served as Chairman, President and CEO, retiring in February 2008. He had the unenviable task of succeeding Mr. Kaman after his fifty-five years as CEO. Paul led a fundamental transformation of our company and retired with the company positioned to benefit from strong positive momentum. In addition to a smooth transition from the leadership of our founder, his accomplishments include the recapitalization of the company from a dual class stock structure, the sale of the music segment and the development of a strong board and management team. He also recognized the value of our specialty bearing franchise as a platform for growth, championing its transition to lean manufacturing excellence and acquiring the RWG business in Germany. Also acquired under his leadership was the Joint Programmable Fuze program our largest single program in the company today.
Paul contributed greatly to the success we enjoy today and he will be missed. Please join me in keeping his family in your thoughts and prayers.
[statement from Kaman Chairman, President and CEO Neal Keating dated Sept. 20, 2016 ]
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC