Safe Flight Instrument Corporation of White Plains, NY received the Safety Award from the Eastern Region Helicopter Council (ERHC) for its Powerline Detection System for helicopters. The award is in recognition of Safe Flight’s innovative life-saving products and for its 70-year commitment to making flying safer.
“ERHC salutes Safe Flight for developing innovative safety products, such as the Powerline Detection System (PDS), which have greatly contributed to the advancement of aviation safety.”- Michael Philbin, Chairman ERHC.
Safe Flight’s PDS is European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified and operates worldwide to detect 50Hz/60Hz powerline frequency emissions. The PDS is an extremely lightweight (less than 2.0 lbs. installed) passive system that alerts the pilot when approaching an energized powerline. The system provides both a visual and aural warning to the crew. As the aircraft approaches the hazard, the aural tone intensifies, cautioning the pilot.
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada