L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) announced today that its WESCAM division has launched its smallest and lightest electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) airborne imaging system, the MX™-8. The MX-8 is designed for small tactical UAVs, light manned Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, and tactical aerostats requiring high-performing imaging solutions. The MX-8 will be on display and available for demonstration at L-3’s exhibit during the 2016 Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition being held October 3–5 in Washington, D.C.
“The MX-8 is a key addition to WESCAM’s MX™-Series product line, as it addresses the growing demand for a lightweight, high-fidelity imaging system,” said Michael T. Strianese, L-3’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our emphasis on developing advanced technologies that address smaller form factor requirements is reflected in the versatility and precision of this product. We are working every day to align our research and development initiatives with the continually evolving needs of a broad array of global customers.”
The fully digital MX-8 has an installed weight of 15 pounds, or 6.8 kilograms, with a clearance level of less than 11 inches, and is capable of supporting up to four sensors simultaneously. It contains all the geolocation capabilities of L-3’s larger MX™-Series systems and is equipped with an advanced image processing suite that produces real-time image enhancement across all sensors.
L-3 WESCAM is part of the Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS) sector within L-3’s Electronic Systems business segment. The company is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report