L-3 Communications (NYSE:LLL) announced today that its WESCAM division has launched its smallest and lightest electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) airborne imaging system, the MX™-8. The MX-8 is designed for small tactical UAVs, light manned Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, and tactical aerostats requiring high-performing imaging solutions. The MX-8 will be on display and available for demonstration at L-3’s exhibit during the 2016 Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition being held October 3–5 in Washington, D.C.
“The MX-8 is a key addition to WESCAM’s MX™-Series product line, as it addresses the growing demand for a lightweight, high-fidelity imaging system,” said Michael T. Strianese, L-3’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Our emphasis on developing advanced technologies that address smaller form factor requirements is reflected in the versatility and precision of this product. We are working every day to align our research and development initiatives with the continually evolving needs of a broad array of global customers.”
The fully digital MX-8 has an installed weight of 15 pounds, or 6.8 kilograms, with a clearance level of less than 11 inches, and is capable of supporting up to four sensors simultaneously. It contains all the geolocation capabilities of L-3’s larger MX™-Series systems and is equipped with an advanced image processing suite that produces real-time image enhancement across all sensors.
L-3 WESCAM is part of the Integrated Sensor Systems (ISS) sector within L-3’s Electronic Systems business segment. The company is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024