ITT Inc.’s (NYSE: ITT) Enidine brand announced today that Bell Helicopter, a subsidiary of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT), has chosen its proprietary vibration absorption technology to outfit the newly designed LIVE™ units on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X.
The LIVE unit, featuring ITT Enidine’s multi-modulus journal and spherical bearings, was the result of close engineering collaboration between the two companies. This innovative technology reduces noise and vibration, providing a more comfortable passenger experience and extending the lifespan of rotorcraft components.
“We are honored Bell Helicopter has selected our technology as part of the new LIVE units for this exciting aircraft,” said Ryan Evans, Aerospace Product Manager with ITT’s Control Technologies business. “Enidine’s close collaboration with the Bell Helicopter team has allowed us to greatly improve upon the bearing technology originally built into the designs for the 505 Jet Ranger X.
“Working under a very tight timeline, Enidine was able to design and develop a new technology that will greatly improve passenger comfort for Bell’s rotorcraft. Customers will immediately recognize the integrated LIVE units on the Bell 505, as this level of highly engineered technology is not typically expected within the cost-friendly, ‘short light single’ class of helicopters.”
- Bell 505 – TB_505-18-14 – Freewheel Assembly Housing Sealant
- Bell 505 – TB_505-18-12 – New interior protective pads
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell delivers 1st Law Enforcement Configured B505
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell on display at Marrakech Air Show 2018
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Bell 505 lands in Africa
- Bell to Display 505 Jet Ranger X During LABACE
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- Bell delivers 100th 505 JetRanger X
- EASA and FAA approve Alpine Aerotech bear paws for Bell 505
- Bell delivers first 3 B505s to China
- RUAG adds Bell 505 approvals in Switzerland
- Bell 505 Cargo Hook Receives FAA Certification
- Bell and Dart deliver first 505 floats to Japan Coast Guard
- Bell 505 receives certification in China
- First Bell 505 delivered to Mexico
- Bell brings 505 demonstrator to Europe