The U.S. Army awarded Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) a $49.3 million contract to upgrade the Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS) on the AH-64E Apache helicopter.
Under this contract, Lockheed Martin will produce an additional 42 Modernized Day Sensor Assembly (M-DSA) upgrade kits and spares for the U.S. Army as part of Lot 1 production. Production will take place at Lockheed Martin’s facilities in Orlando and Ocala, Florida, through March 2019.
“M-DSA gives Apache aircrews the ability to more rapidly identify targets and coordinate with troops on the ground, which improves mission success,” said Tom Eldredge, director of M-TADS/PNVS production programs at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “M-DSA’s modular design reduces operation and support costs, and will be supported by our award-winning Performance-Based Logistics sustainment program.”
With M-DSA upgrades, pilots can identify targets at farther distances through an additional field of view and extended range picture-in-picture capability. They also now have the ability to view high-resolution, near-infrared and color imagery on cockpit displays. M-DSA also provides a new laser pointer marker that improves coordination with ground troops, and an updated multi-mode laser with eye-safe lasing capability that supports flight in urban environments and home-station training.
M-TADS/PNVS provides Apache helicopter pilots with long-range, precision engagement and pilotage capabilities for mission success and flight safety during day and night and in adverse weather conditions. Lockheed Martin has delivered more than 1,350 M-TADS/PNVS systems to the U.S. Army and 15 countries.
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- SAFE delivers AH64 cowling racks to US Army Fort Hood
- Boeing Delivers 2,500th AH-64 Apache
- Jolly Green II, Apache fly together in joint test
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
- Lockheed Martin awarded $7.5M contract for Apache technical services
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- S.A.F.E. awarded US Army contract
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Boeing Awarded $39M Contract for AH-64 Support
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Poland Plans on Mi-24 Fleet Upgrade
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Boeing and PGZ Partner for KRUK Attack Helicopter Program
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- Morocco considering Apache purchase
- Thailand to acquire at least six new attack helicopters
- Lockheed awarded $14M contract for AH-64 Apache refurbishment