The U.S. Army awarded Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) a $49.3 million contract to upgrade the Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS) on the AH-64E Apache helicopter.
Under this contract, Lockheed Martin will produce an additional 42 Modernized Day Sensor Assembly (M-DSA) upgrade kits and spares for the U.S. Army as part of Lot 1 production. Production will take place at Lockheed Martin’s facilities in Orlando and Ocala, Florida, through March 2019.
“M-DSA gives Apache aircrews the ability to more rapidly identify targets and coordinate with troops on the ground, which improves mission success,” said Tom Eldredge, director of M-TADS/PNVS production programs at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. “M-DSA’s modular design reduces operation and support costs, and will be supported by our award-winning Performance-Based Logistics sustainment program.”
With M-DSA upgrades, pilots can identify targets at farther distances through an additional field of view and extended range picture-in-picture capability. They also now have the ability to view high-resolution, near-infrared and color imagery on cockpit displays. M-DSA also provides a new laser pointer marker that improves coordination with ground troops, and an updated multi-mode laser with eye-safe lasing capability that supports flight in urban environments and home-station training.
M-TADS/PNVS provides Apache helicopter pilots with long-range, precision engagement and pilotage capabilities for mission success and flight safety during day and night and in adverse weather conditions. Lockheed Martin has delivered more than 1,350 M-TADS/PNVS systems to the U.S. Army and 15 countries.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Boeing and PGZ Partner for KRUK Attack Helicopter Program
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- Morocco considering Apache purchase
- Thailand to acquire at least six new attack helicopters
- Lockheed awarded $14M contract for AH-64 Apache refurbishment
- Lockheed awarded $117M contract for AH-64 Modernized Laser Range Finder Designators
- Lockheed awarded $8M contract for Arrowhead upgrade kits for Egyptian Air Force AH-64 fleet
- Lockheed awarded $25M contract for Pilot Night Vision Sensor System kits for Apache
- PCX Aerostructures win $135M in US military contracts
- Robertson Fuel Systems awarded $176M contract for Procurement of Fuel Systems for Apache AH-64
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- PCX Aerostructures awarded $8M contract for right connecting links for the Apache AH-64 weapon system
- First-ever helicopter-based firing of High Energy Laser
- Terma takes CH-47 and AH-64 protection systems to Paris
- PCX Aerostructures awarded $67M contract for Right Connecting Links for Apache AH-64
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- 31-May-17 Boeing AH-64 Dornstadt-Tomerdingen, Germany
- Boeing awarded $15M contract for Apache main rotor blade repair