Gama Aviation is pleased to announce the award of an EASA STC (10058141) for installation of the Garmin G500H EFIS into the Bell 206B and Bell 407 helicopters. The G500H system is certified for Day/Night VFR operations and brings substantial improvements in situational awareness with a large multi-function colour moving map, H.S.I, full-time wind vector and many additional features.
The required G500H GPS source is provided by Garmin’s GTN750 or 650 touch-screen GPS navigator with integral 8.33 KHz Comm and VOR/ILS receiver. When using the GTN750, optional HTAWS and integrated audio panel and Mode S transponder are also available.
The Garmin G500H is the ideal complement to the Cobham HeliSaS 2-axis autopilot which is also EASA certified on the B206B/B407 and allows the HeliSaS to use the G500H AHRS as the autopilot attitude source. The HeliSaS features automatic recovery to near-level flight if inadvertently flown to an extreme attitude, plus has Heading, Nav (lateral and vertical), GPS steering and Altitude Hold modes.
Gama Aviation has also produced additional EASA Minor changes for the Garmin GTS800 traffic advisory system and FreeFlight TRA4000 radio altimeter to interface to the G500H EFIS.
- SEI Industries demos the BAMBI MAX with Eagle Copters
- North Carolina State Highway Patrol unveils new Bell 407s
- Bell first manufacturer to certify HUMS in light single-engine
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for B407
- 31-Jan-19 N407P Bell 407 Church Hill, US-Tennessee
- 29-Jan-19 N191SF Bell 407 Zaleski, US-Ohio (3F)
- New Bell 407 for Apollo MedFlight
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved for Bell 407
- AeroBrigham to Exhibit Marion County 407 at APSCON
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight