The Unmanned Traffic Management Convention 2016 will be held at the Oncenter, Syracuse, on November 8th, 9th and 10th, hosting over 500 air traffic professionals. The convention will showcase the latest advances in unmanned aircrafts such as drones and how they will be integrated into the nation’s airspace.
The convention will showcase discussions on unmanned aerial systems, capabilities, management and challenges. A demonstration of an Indago quadcopter, a Desert Hawk II, K-MAX and S-76 helicopters will be remotely operated at Griffiss International Airport.
The growth of unmanned aircraft will increase rapidly in the coming years, with operations such as search and rescue, power and rail line inspections, disaster relief, media and agricultural surveillance being possibilities of their use. However, Syracuse reports that safety is still an issue regarding the integration of drones in national airspace as accidents are a high possibility without the aid of a pilot to avoid other aircraft.
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent