The U.S. Army has selected Rockwell Collins to service the MFD-268C4 multi-function display (MFD) units for its UH-60M Black Hawk fleet under a five-year firm-fixed-price, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract. This is a follow-on contract that continues the Army’s relationship with Rockwell Collins for long-term support of the program.
“Whether the displays are in need of an upgrade, repair or modification, this agreement provides Army UH-60M operators peace of mind that we’ll get them operational as soon as possible,” said Thierry Tosi, vice president and general manager, Service Solutions for Rockwell Collins.
Installed on the Army’s UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters, the MFD-268C4 displays provide advanced graphic engines, safety critical processing, and Active Matrix LCD technologies, as well as multiple video interfaces. Proven in over 10 years of operational use, MFD units deliver primary flight and mission display functions for the Black Hawk’s demanding multi-mission role. The MFD-268C4 displays are based on the proven Open System Architecture design features of the Flight2™ product line.
The MFD-268C4 displays will be repaired in Rockwell Collins’ Atlanta Service Center. The Service Center processes 1,300 customer goods per month, consisting of 450 different equipment types from 550 different customers. The equipment that is repaired, modified and upgraded ranges from displays, flight controls, weather radar and navigation equipment to Flight Management Systems and communications equipment. The Service Center was established in 1975 and services the Air Transport, Regional, Government and Military markets.
The firm-fixed-price contract covers repairs and service bulletins for MFD-268C4 displays in all of the Army’s UH-60M Black Hawks including those used by UH-60M foreign military sales customers.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO