Lease Corporation International (LCI), the aviation leasing arm of the Libra Group, announces the delivery of the first Leonardo AW169 helicopter to Elitaliana SpA.
The AW169 is the first of three such aircraft that will be leased from LCI to support to support Elitaliana’s emergency medical services (EMS) and search and rescue (SAR) operations in Italy.
LCI is the launch customer for the AW169 and to date has taken delivery of five of this type, which are now being deployed on a variety of missions including EMS, offshore support and utility/training. The lessor has substantial orders and commitments for additional AW169s which are delivering through the coming years.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of LCI, says: “We are pleased to be partnering with Elitaliana as they introduce the AW169 into service replacing their AW109 equipment. We see considerable demand for this versatile and innovative helicopter which offers a broad range of applications, and allows LCI to further expand its relationships with leading operators around the world”.
The Leonardo AW169 is a versatile, new generation twin twin-turbine light intermediate category helicopter, which can accommodate up to ten passengers. The AW169 is the first all new aircraft in its weight category to enter the market in more than 30 years, and is certified in accordance with EASA CS-29 / FAR Part 29 standards for performance and safety.
Prince Manfredo de Windisch-Graetz, President of Elitaliana, says: “It is fitting that Elitaliana is introducing the latest Leonardo helicopter type into operation out of our Rome base, providing enhanced EMS services within the Lazio region of Italy.
“We are delighted to be working with LCI Helicopters who have been extremely supportive to our requirements and we look forward to further developing our relationship over the coming years.”
LCI’s helicopter division comprises a fleet of 90 helicopters delivered or on order or under management, including the market-leading Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters and next-generation Airbus Helicopters’ H175.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines