Lease Corporation International (LCI), the aviation leasing arm of the Libra Group, announces the delivery of the first Leonardo AW169 helicopter to Elitaliana SpA.
The AW169 is the first of three such aircraft that will be leased from LCI to support to support Elitaliana’s emergency medical services (EMS) and search and rescue (SAR) operations in Italy.
LCI is the launch customer for the AW169 and to date has taken delivery of five of this type, which are now being deployed on a variety of missions including EMS, offshore support and utility/training. The lessor has substantial orders and commitments for additional AW169s which are delivering through the coming years.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of LCI, says: “We are pleased to be partnering with Elitaliana as they introduce the AW169 into service replacing their AW109 equipment. We see considerable demand for this versatile and innovative helicopter which offers a broad range of applications, and allows LCI to further expand its relationships with leading operators around the world”.
The Leonardo AW169 is a versatile, new generation twin twin-turbine light intermediate category helicopter, which can accommodate up to ten passengers. The AW169 is the first all new aircraft in its weight category to enter the market in more than 30 years, and is certified in accordance with EASA CS-29 / FAR Part 29 standards for performance and safety.
Prince Manfredo de Windisch-Graetz, President of Elitaliana, says: “It is fitting that Elitaliana is introducing the latest Leonardo helicopter type into operation out of our Rome base, providing enhanced EMS services within the Lazio region of Italy.
“We are delighted to be working with LCI Helicopters who have been extremely supportive to our requirements and we look forward to further developing our relationship over the coming years.”
LCI’s helicopter division comprises a fleet of 90 helicopters delivered or on order or under management, including the market-leading Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 helicopters and next-generation Airbus Helicopters’ H175.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135