Heli-One, a leading global provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, has been selected by the Joint Aviation Command (JAC) of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to provide MRO services for their Arriel 2C and Makila 1A engines flown in the fleet’s Airbus AS365 and AS332 aircraft.
Although Heli-One has provided MRO services on both the Arriel and Makila family of engines, this represents the first time Heli-One will provide such MRO services for a customer in the Middle East. The Arriel service will be performed at Heli-One’s facility in Colorado, while the Makila service will be completed in Norway.
“We are excited to have Heli-One as an engine service provider for our fleet,” a representative from the JAC commented. “Heli-One’s expertise in Makila and Arriel engines, quick turn-around-times, and global network positioned them as an attractive maintenance supplier and a great partner for us.”
“Our team is excited for this new challenge and is committed to providing quality and timely service to ensure that the UAE JAC can continue their operations with minimal disruption,” said Anthony DiNota, President, Heli-One. “Our team, including our industry-leading engine experts, look forward to supporting this dynamic fleet. This marks the first time Heli-One will provide its services in the Middle East, and we will work to further strengthen our presence in this key aviation region and share with other operators our dedication to customer service and quality work.”
The UAE Joint Air Command was established in 1968 and has an extensive fleet of fixed- and rotor-wing aircraft, including aircraft from Airbus, Leonardo, Bell, Boeing, and Sikorsky. Heli-One has decades of experience in supporting Safran engines, including the completion of more than 700 Makila and 200 Arriel engine overhauls.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee