Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, today announced the signing of the first VIP customer for its Customer Advantage Plan (CAP) support solution in Europe. The private customer operates a Bell 407GXP and is located in Belgium.
Bell Helicopter’s Customer Advantage Plans provide customers with comprehensive coverage solutions for daily operations. The plans offer a fixed-cost-per-flight-hour service option that protects customers’ budgets and their aircraft and increases aircraft availability at rates competitive to published direct maintenance costs. The private customer has signed for the Standard Plan, one of the two plans offering increased value through predictable operational budgeting, flexibility to changing mission demands and enhanced financial benefits.
“We are delighted to provide our customers around the globe with a reliable support solution,” said Glenn Isbell, executive vice president, Customer Support and Services for Bell Helicopter. “Our Customer Advantage Plans, combined with our world-class customer service, provides customers with the support needed to keep their aircraft flying for any mission.”
The Bell 407GXP is another example of Bell Helicopter’s continued investment in its current products to enhance customer value and increase mission capability. The Bell 407GXP, launched in 2015, is an upgrade to Bell Helicopter’s best-selling platform, the Bell 407, with added value through industry-leading performance, payload capability and operating economics. The Bell 407GXP provides an additional 50 lbs. (22.5 kg) of payload capability, coupled with a new M250 Rolls-Royce engine that improves performance and fuel efficiency delivering class-leading hot and high performance. The Bell 407GXP is also equipped with new avionics features, such as hover performance calculator improvement, as well as transmission TBO extension of +500 hours that will lower maintenance costs.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software