Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced that it has closed a lease agreement with HNZ Group (“HNZ”), an international provider of helicopter transportation and related support services, for one Leonardo AW139 helicopter previously operated by CHC, which will go on long-term lease in support of oil and gas operations in Asia.
Ed Washecka, Chief Executive Officer of Waypoint, said, “We are excited to be working with HNZ on this transaction and are confident this is the beginning of a long and productive partnership. This transaction marks the second AW139 aircraft we have taken back from CHC and placed with another customer, representing significant demand for the aircraft and healthy offshore activity in the region. Waypoint is well-positioned to meet this demand with our ongoing remarketing efforts of the AW139 and significant presence in the Asia Pacific region from our office in Singapore.”
Don Wall, President and Chief Executive Officer of HNZ, said, “We are pleased to be working with Waypoint’s team and recognize the value they bring to the fleet planning process. Waypoint possesses the market expertise, flexibility, and tailored financing solutions that will allow us to focus on our growth targets and greatly enhance our operational capabilities.”
Since its inception in 2013, Waypoint has been active in supporting oil and gas, utility, firefighting and other industrial-focused helicopter operators. Waypoint’s portfolio includes more than 135 aircraft for 18 customers in 28 countries with total assets in excess of $1.6 billion. Additionally, Waypoint has firm and option orders with aircraft manufacturers for more than 125 helicopters valued at more than $1.7 billion, to be delivered over the next five years.
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate