Integrated Microwave Technology (IMT), a leader in advanced digital microwave systems serving the law enforcement, broadcast, sports and entertainment markets, announced it has received a $200,000 order from a prominent state police agency located in the Mid-Atlantic region for an Airborne Video Downlink System (AVDS). The system consists of video communications equipment and related services that extend the efficacy of tactical operations by leveraging police airborne units.The IMT AVDS, which has been deployed and is currently operational, is comprised of an integrated suite of downlink transmitters, receivers and antennas that capture real -time, reliable high-definition video from helicopters and other aircraft for display at Emergency Operation Centers, mobile command units and directly to smart phones over the cellular and Wi-Fi networks.
IMT’s AVDS was procured as a replacement for a legacy system that suffered from limited range, unreliability and low video resolution. By contrast, AVDS will provide a heightened safety and security layer to the Agency’s law enforcement operations by leveraging its aerial platforms. Video transmitted by these aerial platforms provides ground-based personnel an immediate clear and reliable picture of what is being viewed from above, allowing the tactical and strategic direction of ground units using actionable intelligence in real-time. “This order represents the latest in a number of engagements we have entered into with federal, state and local law enforcement entities seeking to enhance ground-based police operations with video intelligence captured from the air,”said John Payne IV, president of IMT.
“Reliability and ease of operation — the main factors that ensure the downlink system will actually be used — are the hallmark of our AVDS. With the growing number of public safety agencies upgrading their airborne platforms, there is a need for a reliable, robust, seamless, fully integrated system to provide ground-based personnel a strategic and tactical overview of the mission. We designed the AVDS with these imperatives in mind, and we look forward to working closely with this customer to obtain maximum utility from the system.”
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s