Western Australia’s RAC Rescue notched up its 5,000th mission this week, with the service playing a pivotal role over the past 13 years to provide life-saving medical treatment.
Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) Assistant Commissioner Gary Gifford said one of the most common tasks RAC Rescue has attended over the years is road crashes, which accounts for two thirds of all call-outs.
“This year, 63 percent of fatal road crashes have sadly occurred on country roads, highlighting how important it is for country areas to be able to access high level medical care as quickly as possible,” Assistant Commissioner Gifford said.
“By transporting patients by air, the RAC Rescue saves precious time that could be the difference between life and death following an accident.”
RAC General Manager Corporate Affairs Will Golsby said RAC is committed to saving lives and reducing serious injuries on our roads.
“The impact of road trauma is devastating, and RAC is proud to sponsor both RAC Rescue helicopters, having sponsored the Perth-based service since its inception in 2003,” Mr Golsby said.
The RAC Rescue covers 95 percent of the State’s population and responds around the clock to a range of incidents including road crashes, farming accidents, land searches, marine rescues, and time-critical hospital patient transfers.
The RAC Rescue is manned by a critical care paramedic, rescue crewman and an experienced pilot.
Based in Perth and Bunbury, the rescue helicopters are managed by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services, with the Bunbury helicopter funded by Royalties for Regions.
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms