Shimco, a world-wide leader in the manufacture of precision parts, specialized coatings and gap-management solutions has completed its move from Markham, Ontario to a new 25,000 square foot state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Cambridge, Ontario with increased capacity and advancements in manufacturing processes.
The new facility has received full AS9100C recertification, as well as updated customer approvals from its current aerospace customers including Asco, Bell Helicopter, Bombardier, Embraer, UTAS Goodrich, Héroux-Devtek, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Messier-Bugatti-Dowty, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, RTI, Sonaca, SPPCA, UTC Aerospace Systems and Wesco Aircraft.
Advanced lean manufacturing principles were incorporated at the new location with a paperless production floor, an electronic Kanban system, and new labour-saving equipment. The most significant upgrade in production efficiency resulted from the purchase and implementation of two Mazak 4000 HCN horizontal machining centres and a Mazak Palletech system, forming a flexible manufacturing system (FMS). The FMS can run 32 jobs at once with only one operator, or in a “lights out” mode with no operator in attendance, resulting in considerable reductions in cost and production time.
A 30,000 square foot expansion at the same location is in development to support in-house processing, commercialization of Shimco’s licensed Keronite PEO coating application, and to establish a Centre of Excellence with local research institutions.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)