Airbus Helicopters Japan has signed a contract with Hiratagakuen for two H145//BK117D-2s as a sales agent in Japan for Kawasaki Heavy Industries for the helicopter.
A signing ceremony was held today at the Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2016, in the presence of Mitsuhiro Hirata, Vice President, Aviation Operation Division of Hiratagakuen and Guillaume Leprince, Head of Sales & Marketing of Airbus Helicopters Japan.
This milestone contract is the first order for the H145//BK117D-2 in Japan, achieved by Airbus Helicopters Japan. Airbus Helicopters Japan has been appointed by Kawasaki Heavy Industries as a sales agent in Japan for H145//BK117D-2 and conduct sales and support activities.
The first delivery is scheduled in 2017 and the aircraft will be used for emergency medical service (EMS) operations. Hiratagakuen currently operates 12 H135s and one H125.
“We have been operating H125 and H135 for a long time. Airbus Helicopters is well regarded for its quality products, excellent performance, operational reliability, and dependable after-sale service,” said Mitsuhiro Hirata, Vice President, Aviation Operation Division of Hiratagauen. “We are confident that the H145//BK117D-2 will offer us enhanced EMS performance to our fleet.”
“We are honoured to welcome Hiratagakuen as our first customer of the H145//BK117D-2 in Japan. We have established a long-standing and fruitful relationship between Hiratagakuen and Airbus Helicopters Japan since we delivered the first helicopter in 2003,” said Guillaume Leprince, Head of Sales & Marketing of Airbus Helicopters Japan. “This H145//BK117D-2 order is definitely an endorsement of our cutting-edge technologies in rotary-wing aircraft, which boast enhanced mission capability and flexibility.”
The H145//BK117D-2 is developed in co-operation with the KHI to deliver excellent performance throughout the flight envelope. It comes with the state-of-the-art Helionix avionics suite and designed-in mission capability and flexibility, especially in high and hot operating conditions. With a large cabin, a compact airframe and powerful engines, the H145//BK117D-2 is the aircraft of choice for a variety of missions including EMS, firefighting, offshore and police missions. To date 1,200 have been sold worldwide.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment