Starspeed has been accredited with Stage II of the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO).
IS-BAO is internationally recognized and respected as the global standard in safety requirements for the business aviation operator community. It is a set of performance-based standards that uses the safety management system as its cornerstone, addressing operations, maintenance, training and other related issues.
Starspeed Ltd. is the only UK commercial helicopter operating company to achieve the advanced Stage II Status. The accreditation was confirmed this month following a visit from the auditors in August. Starspeed first achieved Stage I accreditation in 2014.
Starspeed Director, Simon Mitchell said: “Starspeed has been committed to the goals of achieving the highest possible standards in safety management and helicopter operation. So, it is with much pride that the Company’s efforts have been recognised with an elevated status to Stage II in the IS-BAO.”
He continued: “Our success comes down to our great team built up of well-motivated experts, working within an environment of transparency and trust; but Starspeed will not relax for a moment, and remains committed to improving standards through technology and training at every opportunity it can see.”
Starspeed Ltd. is the largest privately-owned helicopter management, charter and training company in Europe. It presently manages 16 aircraft and is one of the oldest privately owned firms within the onshore market.
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight
- Bell Joins Canadian Advanced Air Mobility Consortium
- TracPlus and v2track disrupt the global asset tracking and communications market
- Royal Singapore AF lands Chinook on Australian Navy ship for first time
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight named National Program of the Year
- IBAC Honored by Top Flight Safety Award Nomination for New IS-BAO Programme
- PS Engineering digital audio controller now has Black Hawk STC
- Canada launches major initiative in advanced air mobility
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- Obituary – Dennis Kenyon – 3 October 1932 – 28 October 2020
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program