Leonardo-Finmeccanica announced today that five firm orders have been signed for AgustaWestland AW169 helicopters by different Brazilian corporate and private customers. The announcement comes following an official presentation of the new generation model to nearly 100 pilots from across Brazil and held at the end of August, introducing capabilities, avionics and interior options available to AW169 VIP customers.
The new generation AW169 meets discerning customer preferences for helicopters and features innovative safety characteristics. The AW169 incorporates several new technology solutions in the rotor system, engines, avionics, transmission and electric power generation and distribution systems, and can comfortably accommodate up to ten passengers.
Of the more than 150 agreements signed for the AW169 to date, including firm orders, framework contracts, and options, over 20 of them are from operators in Brazil. The company maintains a leading position in the global executive/private transport market with a 50 percent share in the multiengine segment, which will be further reinforced through AW169 deliveries worldwide.
- Daegu Fire Department to take delivery of new AW169
- NHV orders two AW169 for offshore operations
- AW169 helicopter to enter offshore operations in Africa
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- 27-Oct-18 G-VSKP Leonardo AW169 Leicester, UK (5F)
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Heli-One Announces AW169 EMS Modification Case Study
- London Oxford Airport welcomes newest tenant
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- Waypoint Enters Taiwanese Market