NHV is pleased to announce the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities at their operational base at Aberdeen InternationalAirport.
The construction works commenced in September 2015 and were completed in September 2016. The new double story passenger handling terminal incorporates all the facilities required to process offshore passengers including check in, x-ray, security, safety equipment storage & issue, safety briefing rooms etc. and is fully CAA/DFT compliant.
The heliport facility is located at the North East corner of the Aberdeen Dyce Airport within a short distance to the runways and limited taxi time needed, which provides significant advantages to our clients.
Lesley Philip, Logistics team lead at Chevron Upstream Europe, said: “The new heliport has been well received by our offshore community. The modern, spacious facility supports efficient passenger processing, which is further aided by the ability to exit the briefing room directly onto the tarmac and airside. Many of our offshore personnel have provided positive feedback on the comfort level and leisure facilities on offer, such as pool, Wi-Fi and TVs, prior to departure.”
“Our new facilities in Aberdeen are very important for NHV to enable the company to serve its existing and future customers in one of the most strategic helicopter hubs of the industry. It will also allow us to strengthen our position in the UK market.” says Eric Van Hal, CEO of the NHV Group.
The base already became operational from the 1st of January 2016 where the existing facilities (warehouse and offices) were quickly altered to become a hangar and temporary passenger handling facilities. An official opening reception will be held on October 21st 2016 in the presence of Simon Gray (CEO EEEGR) and Deirdre Michie (CEO Oil & Gas UK).
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $19M Contract for MV-22 and CV-22 Kits
- Sikorsky-Boeing SB>1 DEFIANT™ Helicopter Achieves First Flight
- Keystone Turbine Services Earns Two Rolls-Royce M250 Awards
- FlightSafety to add Advanced Energy Management – Rotorcraft course
- HealthNet EC145e to serve West Virginia
- Bell and Rolls-Royce Collaborate
- Sikorsky Recognizes County Of County of Los Angeles Fire Department
- CHC and Aberdeen University to embark on research partnership
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M