NHV is pleased to announce the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities at their operational base at Aberdeen InternationalAirport.
The construction works commenced in September 2015 and were completed in September 2016. The new double story passenger handling terminal incorporates all the facilities required to process offshore passengers including check in, x-ray, security, safety equipment storage & issue, safety briefing rooms etc. and is fully CAA/DFT compliant.
The heliport facility is located at the North East corner of the Aberdeen Dyce Airport within a short distance to the runways and limited taxi time needed, which provides significant advantages to our clients.
Lesley Philip, Logistics team lead at Chevron Upstream Europe, said: “The new heliport has been well received by our offshore community. The modern, spacious facility supports efficient passenger processing, which is further aided by the ability to exit the briefing room directly onto the tarmac and airside. Many of our offshore personnel have provided positive feedback on the comfort level and leisure facilities on offer, such as pool, Wi-Fi and TVs, prior to departure.”
“Our new facilities in Aberdeen are very important for NHV to enable the company to serve its existing and future customers in one of the most strategic helicopter hubs of the industry. It will also allow us to strengthen our position in the UK market.” says Eric Van Hal, CEO of the NHV Group.
The base already became operational from the 1st of January 2016 where the existing facilities (warehouse and offices) were quickly altered to become a hangar and temporary passenger handling facilities. An official opening reception will be held on October 21st 2016 in the presence of Simon Gray (CEO EEEGR) and Deirdre Michie (CEO Oil & Gas UK).
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy