Brenda and Greg Rochna, the owners of Maverick are happy to celebrate the company’s 20th anniversary this year. Maverick is one of the top class helicopter tours, taking customers through the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and the Vegas Strip. Brenda and Greg have worked hard and honestly to make the company what it is today.
The company started with Greg’s childhood dream of becoming a pilot. As a child he would help his father separate parts after school, his father being an aeroplane mechanic. Greg says that he would see the pilots walk out in their clean white shirts, a beautiful woman on their arm and fly off.
They got their name after going to a lawyer’s office where he wanted them to sign a non-compete statement. When Greg refused, the lawyer asked if he was “some kind of maverick” and the name stuck, reports Vegas Inc.
The Rochna’s have worked hard over the past twenty years, having spent almost over $85 million on the company. According to Greg, any money they make goes straight back into the business. They never dreamed the company would grow this large. Their fleet consists of 47 ECO Star 130s, they have 84 pilots and 412 total employees. They have been awarded the Diamond Award five years in a row from the Federal Aviation Administration. Brenda and Greg are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary soon.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO