Brenda and Greg Rochna, the owners of Maverick are happy to celebrate the company’s 20th anniversary this year. Maverick is one of the top class helicopter tours, taking customers through the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and the Vegas Strip. Brenda and Greg have worked hard and honestly to make the company what it is today.
The company started with Greg’s childhood dream of becoming a pilot. As a child he would help his father separate parts after school, his father being an aeroplane mechanic. Greg says that he would see the pilots walk out in their clean white shirts, a beautiful woman on their arm and fly off.
They got their name after going to a lawyer’s office where he wanted them to sign a non-compete statement. When Greg refused, the lawyer asked if he was “some kind of maverick” and the name stuck, reports Vegas Inc.
The Rochna’s have worked hard over the past twenty years, having spent almost over $85 million on the company. According to Greg, any money they make goes straight back into the business. They never dreamed the company would grow this large. Their fleet consists of 47 ECO Star 130s, they have 84 pilots and 412 total employees. They have been awarded the Diamond Award five years in a row from the Federal Aviation Administration. Brenda and Greg are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary soon.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™