Brenda and Greg Rochna, the owners of Maverick are happy to celebrate the company’s 20th anniversary this year. Maverick is one of the top class helicopter tours, taking customers through the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and the Vegas Strip. Brenda and Greg have worked hard and honestly to make the company what it is today.
The company started with Greg’s childhood dream of becoming a pilot. As a child he would help his father separate parts after school, his father being an aeroplane mechanic. Greg says that he would see the pilots walk out in their clean white shirts, a beautiful woman on their arm and fly off.
They got their name after going to a lawyer’s office where he wanted them to sign a non-compete statement. When Greg refused, the lawyer asked if he was “some kind of maverick” and the name stuck, reports Vegas Inc.
The Rochna’s have worked hard over the past twenty years, having spent almost over $85 million on the company. According to Greg, any money they make goes straight back into the business. They never dreamed the company would grow this large. Their fleet consists of 47 ECO Star 130s, they have 84 pilots and 412 total employees. They have been awarded the Diamond Award five years in a row from the Federal Aviation Administration. Brenda and Greg are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary soon.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support