Helibras and Airbus Helicopters have opened a new chapter in the history of the H225M multirole utility helicopter with the official presentation of the first aircraft in naval combat configuration. Developed and assembled locally by Helibras, Airbus Helicopters’ subsidiary in Brazil, this new H225M version is designed to meet the demanding requirements of the Brazilian Navy, with mission capabilities including anti-surface warfare and maritime surveillance.
This evolution of the H225M is built around a Helibras-developed tactical mission system including an APS-143 surveillance radar, advanced self-protection systems as well as signals intelligence capabilities. The helicopter is also equipped with two AM39 Exocet anti-ship missiles, while the cargo bay accommodates a dedicated sensor operator console providing the mission commander with an overview of the tactical situation. An automatic identification system (AIS) will also allow crew members to gather information on surface vessels.
“I am particularly proud to present this new version”, said Helibras president Richard Marelli. “This latest and unique version of the H225M is a testimony of the hard work our teams have been doing here in Brazil in close collaboration with Brazilian military customers. It also demonstrates our ability to effectively transfer technology, skills and know-how to Brazil, and our commitment to support the development of the country’s aerospace industry”.
The helicopter unveiled this week in Itajubá will be the first H225M in naval combat version to be delivered to the Brazilian Navy in 2018, after the end of military certification trials. It is part of a global order for 50 H225Ms for the Brazilian armed forces, 26 of which have already been delivered to the Brazilian Air Force, Navy and Army. Helibras is in charge of the complete assembly of H225Ms in Itajubá, including integration of mission equipment, flight line activities and industrial acceptance. With a target to achieve 50% of national content by 2020, Helibras has developed a local supply chain which includes more than 37 Brazilian companies.
The H225M is the latest evolution of the successful Super Puma / Cougar family of military helicopters, with more than 500 units delivered worldwide. As of today, 138 H225M Caracal have been ordered by France, Brazil, Mexico, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Kuwait.
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332
- Vector Aerospace receives EASA STC approval for ADS-B upgrade
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Plans to Upgrade Polish Navy Fleet