The British Columbia Aviation Council (BCAC) is pleased to announce that Helijet International has established a five-year annual corporate award of $3500 dollars aimed at mid-career candidates. The Helijet International Bursary Award will assist qualified candidates in completing Helicopter IFR training and on alternate years AME Certification Training. Helijet CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased to establish this bursary as a means of both supporting the industry and assisting individuals in upgrading their skills to provide both professional service and improved safety to our travelling public”.
The need for well-trained aviation specialists has never been greater. The cost and complexity of modern aviation is on the rise and we need new students entering the field as well as constant training upgrades for current professionals to meet requirements. BCAC’s Scholarship program has strengthened year over year, but needs to be taken to a new level to meet tomorrow’s needs. BCAC’s objective is to double the current annual giving from approximately $20,000 annually to over $40,000 annually in the next four years.
Heather Bell, Chair of BCAC, in thanking Danny commented, “this is a great step in expanding our corporate award offering and this is the first BCAC award aimed at mid-career aviation professionals”. BCAC manages all corporate awards and endowment funds through a separate Finance and Audit Committee as well as a separate Awards Committee.
- NHV to increase hangarage at Aberdeen
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- 18-Oct-20 N566BC Robinson R22 Winder, US-Georgia
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- 16-Oct-20 N500DL Robinson R44 Pahrump, US-Nevada
- 16-Oct-20 N777CP Bell 206 Lakeland, US-Florida
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters