The British Columbia Aviation Council (BCAC) is pleased to announce that Helijet International has established a five-year annual corporate award of $3500 dollars aimed at mid-career candidates. The Helijet International Bursary Award will assist qualified candidates in completing Helicopter IFR training and on alternate years AME Certification Training. Helijet CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased to establish this bursary as a means of both supporting the industry and assisting individuals in upgrading their skills to provide both professional service and improved safety to our travelling public”.
The need for well-trained aviation specialists has never been greater. The cost and complexity of modern aviation is on the rise and we need new students entering the field as well as constant training upgrades for current professionals to meet requirements. BCAC’s Scholarship program has strengthened year over year, but needs to be taken to a new level to meet tomorrow’s needs. BCAC’s objective is to double the current annual giving from approximately $20,000 annually to over $40,000 annually in the next four years.
Heather Bell, Chair of BCAC, in thanking Danny commented, “this is a great step in expanding our corporate award offering and this is the first BCAC award aimed at mid-career aviation professionals”. BCAC manages all corporate awards and endowment funds through a separate Finance and Audit Committee as well as a separate Awards Committee.
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden