The British Columbia Aviation Council (BCAC) is pleased to announce that Helijet International has established a five-year annual corporate award of $3500 dollars aimed at mid-career candidates. The Helijet International Bursary Award will assist qualified candidates in completing Helicopter IFR training and on alternate years AME Certification Training. Helijet CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased to establish this bursary as a means of both supporting the industry and assisting individuals in upgrading their skills to provide both professional service and improved safety to our travelling public”.
The need for well-trained aviation specialists has never been greater. The cost and complexity of modern aviation is on the rise and we need new students entering the field as well as constant training upgrades for current professionals to meet requirements. BCAC’s Scholarship program has strengthened year over year, but needs to be taken to a new level to meet tomorrow’s needs. BCAC’s objective is to double the current annual giving from approximately $20,000 annually to over $40,000 annually in the next four years.
Heather Bell, Chair of BCAC, in thanking Danny commented, “this is a great step in expanding our corporate award offering and this is the first BCAC award aimed at mid-career aviation professionals”. BCAC manages all corporate awards and endowment funds through a separate Finance and Audit Committee as well as a separate Awards Committee.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms