The British Columbia Aviation Council (BCAC) is pleased to announce that Helijet International has established a five-year annual corporate award of $3500 dollars aimed at mid-career candidates. The Helijet International Bursary Award will assist qualified candidates in completing Helicopter IFR training and on alternate years AME Certification Training. Helijet CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased to establish this bursary as a means of both supporting the industry and assisting individuals in upgrading their skills to provide both professional service and improved safety to our travelling public”.
The need for well-trained aviation specialists has never been greater. The cost and complexity of modern aviation is on the rise and we need new students entering the field as well as constant training upgrades for current professionals to meet requirements. BCAC’s Scholarship program has strengthened year over year, but needs to be taken to a new level to meet tomorrow’s needs. BCAC’s objective is to double the current annual giving from approximately $20,000 annually to over $40,000 annually in the next four years.
Heather Bell, Chair of BCAC, in thanking Danny commented, “this is a great step in expanding our corporate award offering and this is the first BCAC award aimed at mid-career aviation professionals”. BCAC manages all corporate awards and endowment funds through a separate Finance and Audit Committee as well as a separate Awards Committee.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020