The British Columbia Aviation Council (BCAC) is pleased to announce that Helijet International has established a five-year annual corporate award of $3500 dollars aimed at mid-career candidates. The Helijet International Bursary Award will assist qualified candidates in completing Helicopter IFR training and on alternate years AME Certification Training. Helijet CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased to establish this bursary as a means of both supporting the industry and assisting individuals in upgrading their skills to provide both professional service and improved safety to our travelling public”.
The need for well-trained aviation specialists has never been greater. The cost and complexity of modern aviation is on the rise and we need new students entering the field as well as constant training upgrades for current professionals to meet requirements. BCAC’s Scholarship program has strengthened year over year, but needs to be taken to a new level to meet tomorrow’s needs. BCAC’s objective is to double the current annual giving from approximately $20,000 annually to over $40,000 annually in the next four years.
Heather Bell, Chair of BCAC, in thanking Danny commented, “this is a great step in expanding our corporate award offering and this is the first BCAC award aimed at mid-career aviation professionals”. BCAC manages all corporate awards and endowment funds through a separate Finance and Audit Committee as well as a separate Awards Committee.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half