Faculty members and students from Amarillo College were proud to see their hard work pay off this past Saturday. The Happy State Bank-Randall County Event Centre held a dedication ceremony to the full restored Vietnam War-era Huey 68-16179.
According to Terry Smith, the coordinator of AC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology Program, his students leapt at the chance to volunteer. Their restoration work consisted of replacing windows, polishing glass, repainting the newly refurbished armour plated pilot seats and window frames. Eddie Casias, the instructor in the Automotive Collision Technology Program had eighteen students help, with the right frame of mind, he says.
“They took the meaning of it to heart.”
The finished craft will be on display at the Texas Panhandle War Memorial, reports The Kathryn Report.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska