Faculty members and students from Amarillo College were proud to see their hard work pay off this past Saturday. The Happy State Bank-Randall County Event Centre held a dedication ceremony to the full restored Vietnam War-era Huey 68-16179.
According to Terry Smith, the coordinator of AC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology Program, his students leapt at the chance to volunteer. Their restoration work consisted of replacing windows, polishing glass, repainting the newly refurbished armour plated pilot seats and window frames. Eddie Casias, the instructor in the Automotive Collision Technology Program had eighteen students help, with the right frame of mind, he says.
“They took the meaning of it to heart.”
The finished craft will be on display at the Texas Panhandle War Memorial, reports The Kathryn Report.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot