Faculty members and students from Amarillo College were proud to see their hard work pay off this past Saturday. The Happy State Bank-Randall County Event Centre held a dedication ceremony to the full restored Vietnam War-era Huey 68-16179.
According to Terry Smith, the coordinator of AC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology Program, his students leapt at the chance to volunteer. Their restoration work consisted of replacing windows, polishing glass, repainting the newly refurbished armour plated pilot seats and window frames. Eddie Casias, the instructor in the Automotive Collision Technology Program had eighteen students help, with the right frame of mind, he says.
“They took the meaning of it to heart.”
The finished craft will be on display at the Texas Panhandle War Memorial, reports The Kathryn Report.
- Helicopter now stationed at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Safran Helicopter Engines Partners with Citicopter in Russia
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement
- Rusada joins the European Helicopter Association
- Airbus Helicopters showed H135 at HeliRussia
- Magpas Air Ambulance CEO appointed to the Board of the Association of Air Ambulances
- Sikorsky Receives Contract To Build 12 CH-53K
- Helicopter Training Squadron 18 Receives Award
- B505 Continues Global Expansion
- ADS-B Rebates Have All Been Reserved
- NeoXCraft designers VRCO sign agreement with ConnectJets
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln