UK operator Specialist Aviation Services is pleased to announce an agreement with Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust to provide a second AW169.
The charity’s first helicopter, displayed at this year’s Helitech International, will enter service later this year, whilst the second aircraft will go into operation later next year, bringing the total number of SAS operated and maintained AW169’s by then to at least 9 aircraft.
SAS has a successful history of supporting EMS, police, offshore and corporate helicopter operations and has a long working relationship with the Trust which was the first UK Air Ambulance to use NVGs and provide a full 24 hour HEMS capability. KSSAAT and SAS are also establishing a new joint operations and third-party maintenance facility at Redhill in the south east of England.
In addition to being a Leonardo Helicopters Service Centre, SAS has significant in-house completions capability to optimize the role capability of the aircraft on its fleet and has several AW169s already working through its Gloucestershire Airport based completions centre.
The SAS designed interior offers the flexibility to accommodate a wide range of working practices for its customers and SAS has been working closely with KSSAAT to revolutionise the HEMS and transfer capability that its medical teams will shortly be delivering.
In announcing the agreement, KSSAAT’s Chief Executive, Adrian Bell commented: “The AW169 represents a capability shift in HEMS delivery, the like of which has not been witnessed for a long time.
“Patient care is at the heart of all we do. The combination of speed, endurance and technology together with the potential to deliver patient interventions in a warm, dry and well-lit interior can only be of huge benefit to our patients.”
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters