In our close monitoring of the helicopter production lines around the world, we have noticed that in the last two years Bell has produced 26 LongRanger IVs. Of these, no less than 23 have been for one customer, 88% of the total. That customer is Air Evac Lifeteam, the EMS provider operating predominantly in the south-eastern part of the US – and part of the Air Medical Resource Group.
If you look at the last six years, Bell have built 69 Bell 206L4 LongRanger 4 helicopters – serial numbers 52423 to 52491 – and 49 are for Air Evac Lifeteam, 71% of the total.
In many countries, all air ambulance helicopters are twin turbine. It makes us wonder what would happen if the FAA insisted on that type of helicopter if, say, the operator wanted to fly at night.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi
- 08-Nov-17 N275AE Bell 206L3 Union City, US-Tennessee
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- 10-Aug-17 7T-WU? Bell 206L Douira, Algeria (4F)
- 10-Jun-17 B-31118 Bell 206B Fengbin, Taiwan (3F)
- 10-Jun-17 VH-ONE Bell 206B Avalon, Australia
- 13-May-17 D-HHFW Bell 206B Hirtshals, Denmark
- 07-May-17 Bell 206 Waterloo, US-Illinois
- 02-May-17 N911GE Bell 206B Fort McCoy, US-Florida
- The Helicopter Museum to dispose of A109 and B206 airframes in Jumble Sale
- KF Aerospace awarded contract to deliver and operate Bell 206 for CFTS
- Bell 206 production finally stops later in 2017
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- Bell and Aerospace to work together in Canada on product availability
- State Pilot Steals Helicopter Blades
- RAMM Frameless Seat Cushions approved by Transport Canada