Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. for the supply of 18 new helicopters including Mi-171s, Ka-32s and Ansat. The document was signed by Deputy CEO for Marketing and Business Development Alexander Shcherbinin and Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. CEO Liang Jian.
Per the agreement, Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service ordered two light Ansat helicopters in medevac mode, two Mi-171s and one Ka-32 with an option for another 13 vehicles (3 Ka-32s, 4 Mi-171s and 6 ANSATs). The first units will be delivered to the customer in 2017. By the end of 2018, Russian Helicopters is planning to supply Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service all 18 helicopters.
“China is one of the oldest operators of Russian helicopters and our reliable partner. This is our first contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service and we hope that our cooperation will be long and fruitful, “- said Russian Helicopters Deputy CEO Alexander Shcherbinin.
Ka-32 helicopters have been used in China for several years for fire and rescue missions. Based on a coaxial scheme, this helicopter is considered to be one of the best rotorcraft to deal with strong fires in urban conditions. It has proved itself well in China’s highlands and large modern metro areas.
Mi-171 Helicopters have also been used throughout China for a long time – for transportation and evacuation of people from disaster zones, as well as for transportation of various goods including medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
Russian Helicopters will be delivering a medevac Ansat to China for the first time.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics