Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. for the supply of 18 new helicopters including Mi-171s, Ka-32s and Ansat. The document was signed by Deputy CEO for Marketing and Business Development Alexander Shcherbinin and Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. CEO Liang Jian.
Per the agreement, Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service ordered two light Ansat helicopters in medevac mode, two Mi-171s and one Ka-32 with an option for another 13 vehicles (3 Ka-32s, 4 Mi-171s and 6 ANSATs). The first units will be delivered to the customer in 2017. By the end of 2018, Russian Helicopters is planning to supply Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service all 18 helicopters.
“China is one of the oldest operators of Russian helicopters and our reliable partner. This is our first contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service and we hope that our cooperation will be long and fruitful, “- said Russian Helicopters Deputy CEO Alexander Shcherbinin.
Ka-32 helicopters have been used in China for several years for fire and rescue missions. Based on a coaxial scheme, this helicopter is considered to be one of the best rotorcraft to deal with strong fires in urban conditions. It has proved itself well in China’s highlands and large modern metro areas.
Mi-171 Helicopters have also been used throughout China for a long time – for transportation and evacuation of people from disaster zones, as well as for transportation of various goods including medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
Russian Helicopters will be delivering a medevac Ansat to China for the first time.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020