Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. for the supply of 18 new helicopters including Mi-171s, Ka-32s and Ansat. The document was signed by Deputy CEO for Marketing and Business Development Alexander Shcherbinin and Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. CEO Liang Jian.
Per the agreement, Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service ordered two light Ansat helicopters in medevac mode, two Mi-171s and one Ka-32 with an option for another 13 vehicles (3 Ka-32s, 4 Mi-171s and 6 ANSATs). The first units will be delivered to the customer in 2017. By the end of 2018, Russian Helicopters is planning to supply Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service all 18 helicopters.
“China is one of the oldest operators of Russian helicopters and our reliable partner. This is our first contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service and we hope that our cooperation will be long and fruitful, “- said Russian Helicopters Deputy CEO Alexander Shcherbinin.
Ka-32 helicopters have been used in China for several years for fire and rescue missions. Based on a coaxial scheme, this helicopter is considered to be one of the best rotorcraft to deal with strong fires in urban conditions. It has proved itself well in China’s highlands and large modern metro areas.
Mi-171 Helicopters have also been used throughout China for a long time – for transportation and evacuation of people from disaster zones, as well as for transportation of various goods including medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
Russian Helicopters will be delivering a medevac Ansat to China for the first time.
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Helicoper link reopens to Kedarnath pilgrimage site
- Kawasaki puts supercharged H2R engine in a helicopter
- ASU President Announces Retirement
- MD Helicopters Awarded Two Army Contracting Command MD530F Contracts