Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. for the supply of 18 new helicopters including Mi-171s, Ka-32s and Ansat. The document was signed by Deputy CEO for Marketing and Business Development Alexander Shcherbinin and Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service Co. Ltd. CEO Liang Jian.
Per the agreement, Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service ordered two light Ansat helicopters in medevac mode, two Mi-171s and one Ka-32 with an option for another 13 vehicles (3 Ka-32s, 4 Mi-171s and 6 ANSATs). The first units will be delivered to the customer in 2017. By the end of 2018, Russian Helicopters is planning to supply Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service all 18 helicopters.
“China is one of the oldest operators of Russian helicopters and our reliable partner. This is our first contract with Wuhan Rand Aviation Technology Service and we hope that our cooperation will be long and fruitful, “- said Russian Helicopters Deputy CEO Alexander Shcherbinin.
Ka-32 helicopters have been used in China for several years for fire and rescue missions. Based on a coaxial scheme, this helicopter is considered to be one of the best rotorcraft to deal with strong fires in urban conditions. It has proved itself well in China’s highlands and large modern metro areas.
Mi-171 Helicopters have also been used throughout China for a long time – for transportation and evacuation of people from disaster zones, as well as for transportation of various goods including medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
Russian Helicopters will be delivering a medevac Ansat to China for the first time.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award