|Global aeronautical communications provider, Satcom Direct (SD), announced today it has agreed to acquire TrueNorth Avionics, a company based in Ottawa, Canada that offers the latest technology in cabin communications solutions. With the purchase of TrueNorth, SD significantly expands its ability to provide advanced communications systems for business aviation aircraft.|
|Founded in 2006, TrueNorth Avionics designs, develops, and manufactures satellite communications solutions for business jets and avionics OEMs. Its latest innovation, the Optelity family of cabin communications systems, delivers high fidelity voice, fax, and WiFi solutions that enable intuitive connectivity for mobile devices.
“The acquisition of TrueNorth will broaden our avionics product portfolio and enable us to accelerate our efforts to bring fully integrated communications solutions to our customers. The ingenuity behind the Satcom Direct Router (SDR) and our SD Pro flight operations platform combined with TrueNorth’s highly advanced avionics will give aircraft operators an unrivaled ability to manage their aircraft communications systems, while giving passengers a user experience which exceeds their expectations,” said Jim Jensen, Founder and CEO of SD.
TrueNorth will become a business unit within the SD family of companies focused on advanced avionics development. “We pride ourselves on being a technology leader in our market, and we’re very excited to be part of a world class company like SD. Together we will bring cutting edge capabilities to our customers to truly enable the connected aircraft,” said Mark van Berkel, President and CEO of TrueNorth Avionics.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of this year.
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020