Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a marketing agreement with Hong Kong based Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd at the China International Aviation Exhibition Center in Zhuhai, China. The contract was signed by Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev and Lakeshore International Aviation’s Board of Directors member Pavel Entin.
According to the agreement, Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd. becomes an authorized agent of Russian Helicopters for marketing and promotion of Russian made civilian helicopters in China. Companies already have a history of cooperation in the Asian helicopter market with joint research projects aimed at identifying most attractive regions for sales and consulting with regional operators of civilian helicopters in China and Southeast Asia.
“Russian-made helicopters have long proven themselves in the world market as reliable and high quality rotorcraft that can be operated for several decades for various missions. To further increase the share of the global volume of the civil helicopter sales, we are interested in the development of a dealer network for sales and after-sales service of our helicopters, specifically for the Ka-32, Mi-171 and Ansat models. I am sure that companies such as Lakeshore International Aviation will contribute to the mission and to the increase of helicopter fleet in the Asia-Pacific region,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev.
Ka-32 helicopters have been operated in China as firefighting helicopters for several years. They are based on a coaxial scheme and considered one of the best for urban firefighting, which is crucial for China with its highlands and modern metropolitan areas.
Mi-171 helicopters also have been used throughout China for a long time for transportation and evacuations, as well as for transporting medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
A medevac Ansat will be shipped to China for the first time.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award