Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a marketing agreement with Hong Kong based Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd at the China International Aviation Exhibition Center in Zhuhai, China. The contract was signed by Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev and Lakeshore International Aviation’s Board of Directors member Pavel Entin.
According to the agreement, Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd. becomes an authorized agent of Russian Helicopters for marketing and promotion of Russian made civilian helicopters in China. Companies already have a history of cooperation in the Asian helicopter market with joint research projects aimed at identifying most attractive regions for sales and consulting with regional operators of civilian helicopters in China and Southeast Asia.
“Russian-made helicopters have long proven themselves in the world market as reliable and high quality rotorcraft that can be operated for several decades for various missions. To further increase the share of the global volume of the civil helicopter sales, we are interested in the development of a dealer network for sales and after-sales service of our helicopters, specifically for the Ka-32, Mi-171 and Ansat models. I am sure that companies such as Lakeshore International Aviation will contribute to the mission and to the increase of helicopter fleet in the Asia-Pacific region,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev.
Ka-32 helicopters have been operated in China as firefighting helicopters for several years. They are based on a coaxial scheme and considered one of the best for urban firefighting, which is crucial for China with its highlands and modern metropolitan areas.
Mi-171 helicopters also have been used throughout China for a long time for transportation and evacuations, as well as for transporting medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
A medevac Ansat will be shipped to China for the first time.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work