Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a marketing agreement with Hong Kong based Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd at the China International Aviation Exhibition Center in Zhuhai, China. The contract was signed by Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev and Lakeshore International Aviation’s Board of Directors member Pavel Entin.
According to the agreement, Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd. becomes an authorized agent of Russian Helicopters for marketing and promotion of Russian made civilian helicopters in China. Companies already have a history of cooperation in the Asian helicopter market with joint research projects aimed at identifying most attractive regions for sales and consulting with regional operators of civilian helicopters in China and Southeast Asia.
“Russian-made helicopters have long proven themselves in the world market as reliable and high quality rotorcraft that can be operated for several decades for various missions. To further increase the share of the global volume of the civil helicopter sales, we are interested in the development of a dealer network for sales and after-sales service of our helicopters, specifically for the Ka-32, Mi-171 and Ansat models. I am sure that companies such as Lakeshore International Aviation will contribute to the mission and to the increase of helicopter fleet in the Asia-Pacific region,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev.
Ka-32 helicopters have been operated in China as firefighting helicopters for several years. They are based on a coaxial scheme and considered one of the best for urban firefighting, which is crucial for China with its highlands and modern metropolitan areas.
Mi-171 helicopters also have been used throughout China for a long time for transportation and evacuations, as well as for transporting medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
A medevac Ansat will be shipped to China for the first time.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s