Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a marketing agreement with Hong Kong based Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd at the China International Aviation Exhibition Center in Zhuhai, China. The contract was signed by Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev and Lakeshore International Aviation’s Board of Directors member Pavel Entin.
According to the agreement, Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd. becomes an authorized agent of Russian Helicopters for marketing and promotion of Russian made civilian helicopters in China. Companies already have a history of cooperation in the Asian helicopter market with joint research projects aimed at identifying most attractive regions for sales and consulting with regional operators of civilian helicopters in China and Southeast Asia.
“Russian-made helicopters have long proven themselves in the world market as reliable and high quality rotorcraft that can be operated for several decades for various missions. To further increase the share of the global volume of the civil helicopter sales, we are interested in the development of a dealer network for sales and after-sales service of our helicopters, specifically for the Ka-32, Mi-171 and Ansat models. I am sure that companies such as Lakeshore International Aviation will contribute to the mission and to the increase of helicopter fleet in the Asia-Pacific region,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev.
Ka-32 helicopters have been operated in China as firefighting helicopters for several years. They are based on a coaxial scheme and considered one of the best for urban firefighting, which is crucial for China with its highlands and modern metropolitan areas.
Mi-171 helicopters also have been used throughout China for a long time for transportation and evacuations, as well as for transporting medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
A medevac Ansat will be shipped to China for the first time.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police