Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, signed a marketing agreement with Hong Kong based Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd at the China International Aviation Exhibition Center in Zhuhai, China. The contract was signed by Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev and Lakeshore International Aviation’s Board of Directors member Pavel Entin.
According to the agreement, Lakeshore International Aviation Co., Ltd. becomes an authorized agent of Russian Helicopters for marketing and promotion of Russian made civilian helicopters in China. Companies already have a history of cooperation in the Asian helicopter market with joint research projects aimed at identifying most attractive regions for sales and consulting with regional operators of civilian helicopters in China and Southeast Asia.
“Russian-made helicopters have long proven themselves in the world market as reliable and high quality rotorcraft that can be operated for several decades for various missions. To further increase the share of the global volume of the civil helicopter sales, we are interested in the development of a dealer network for sales and after-sales service of our helicopters, specifically for the Ka-32, Mi-171 and Ansat models. I am sure that companies such as Lakeshore International Aviation will contribute to the mission and to the increase of helicopter fleet in the Asia-Pacific region,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev.
Ka-32 helicopters have been operated in China as firefighting helicopters for several years. They are based on a coaxial scheme and considered one of the best for urban firefighting, which is crucial for China with its highlands and modern metropolitan areas.
Mi-171 helicopters also have been used throughout China for a long time for transportation and evacuations, as well as for transporting medical supplies, humanitarian aid and construction materials.
A medevac Ansat will be shipped to China for the first time.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021