Airbus Helicopters has signed a contract with the Singapore Ministry of Defence for the acquisition of H225M – Medium Lift Helicopters.
“We are greatly honoured that Singapore has selected the H225M as its next-generation Medium Lift Helicopter” said Guillaume Faury, CEO of Airbus Helicopters. “The Super Puma has served Singapore well for the last 30 years. The addition of the H225M to the RSAF fleet will bring a step change in capabilities thanks to a proven, versatile and extremely modern platform, that is able to cope with the most challenging missions”, he added.
Singapore’s fleet of H225M will be used for a wide spectrum of operations including Search and Rescue (SAR), Aeromedical Evacuation (AME), and Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations. A proven platform with exceptional payload, a world-class automatic flight control system and long endurance, the H225M has demonstrated its versatility and performance even in the harshest operational environments.
The H225M is the latest evolution of the successful Super Puma / Cougar family of military helicopters, with more than 500 units delivered worldwide. Singapore is the latest nation to order the H225M, after France, Brazil, Mexico, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Kuwait.
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats