Bristow Group Inc. (NYSE: BRS) and its subsidiaries announced today that it has entered into two seven-year GBP denominated secured equipment financings for an aggregate $200 million USD equivalent with Lombard, part of The Royal Bank of Scotland. The proceeds from the financings will be used to finance eight search and rescue (SAR) helicopters being utilized for the SAR contract with the U.K. Department for Transport.
“We would like to thank Lombard and The Royal Bank of Scotland for their support of Bristow. Nine of ten U.K. SAR bases are operational now and the final base is expected to be operational in mid-2017. These credit facilities increase our liquidity, term out debt through 2023, and demonstrate our access to capital as a leader in industrial aviation. We will continue to prudently manage our liquidity and balance sheet as we successfully manage through the current oil and gas industry downturn,” said Bristow President and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan E. Baliff.
The credit facilities are expected to fund no later than the first quarter of calendar year 2017 and are subject to both U.K. and U.S. governmental approvals. Upon funding, the credit facilities will have seven-year terms with balloon payments at maturity, and Bristow’s obligations will be secured by SAR helicopters, with one credit facility secured by three Sikorsky S-92 helicopters and the other credit facility secured by five Leonardo AW189 helicopters.
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract