Selkirk Powder Company of Sandpoint, Idaho announces the expansion of its operations this winter in the rugged and untapped American Selkirk Range of Northern Idaho. Building on the success of their highly acclaimed snowcat skiing, the company will now add heli skiing Selkir Powder to its portfolio of guided skiing experiences.
“We’re proud to take this step forward to provide a skiing experience that has been long-sought after in the Selkirks of the Idaho Panhandle,” states Ken Barrett, President and Chief Guide of Selkirk Powder Company.
Selkirk Powder Company will host skiers and riders during its inaugural heli skiing season from March 3rd through the 19th 2017, in nearly 200,000 acres of the American Selkirk Range in Idaho’s Panhandle. Each outing is client-focused, with Selkirk Powder’s guides attending to every need. Specially created lunches will be served at scenic outlooks, and the entire day will center not just on the world-class skiing, but taking in the amazing beauty of one of the last truly wild areas in the Lower 48.
“Why travel so far when you can have it all right here in the U.S., and still be home for dinner if you want?” says Barrett. “We believe our heli skiing service will appeal to folks who want to experience awesome and exclusive skiing in a way that fits well with people’s busy schedules.”
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract