The Nanaimo Port Authority (NPA) and Pacific Heliport Services Ltd. (PHS) are pleased to announce that an upgrade project to expand the existing heliport located on NPA’s Cruise Centre lands has received final certification and approval for flight operations effective November 6, 2016.
As the licenced manager of the private Nanaimo Heliport facility, PHS currently accommodates Helijet’s scheduled helicopter service to Vancouver and Victoria. It will now also be able to accommodate British Columbia’s Air Ambulance helicopters during their 7/24 emergency air service requirements. Two additional helicopter landing apron sites were allocated on the heliport site, allowing two helicopters to be positioned for flight operations simultaneously during day and night operations, seven days a week.
PHS President and CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased that we were able to work with our landlord, the Nanaimo Port Authority, along with the Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, in establishing this additional heliport capacity that will support emergency patient air transfers to and from the hospital’s proximity.”
The NPA has supported developing transportation options for Nanaimo and surrounding mid-island areas.
Bernie Dumas, President and CEO for the NPA commented, “we have strongly supported the opportunity to offer this dedicated helicopter landing area and with the recent expansion of the heliport, it now allows emergency first responders to meet the community’s’ needs, all while making this area a truly multi-modal transportation hub.”
The Nanaimo Regional General Hospital’s heliport is temporarily closed due to surrounding construction plans currently underway. The PHS Heliport is certified and recognized by Transport Canada, meeting the latest in safety and operating helidrome standards required.
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA