The Nanaimo Port Authority (NPA) and Pacific Heliport Services Ltd. (PHS) are pleased to announce that an upgrade project to expand the existing heliport located on NPA’s Cruise Centre lands has received final certification and approval for flight operations effective November 6, 2016.
As the licenced manager of the private Nanaimo Heliport facility, PHS currently accommodates Helijet’s scheduled helicopter service to Vancouver and Victoria. It will now also be able to accommodate British Columbia’s Air Ambulance helicopters during their 7/24 emergency air service requirements. Two additional helicopter landing apron sites were allocated on the heliport site, allowing two helicopters to be positioned for flight operations simultaneously during day and night operations, seven days a week.
PHS President and CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased that we were able to work with our landlord, the Nanaimo Port Authority, along with the Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, in establishing this additional heliport capacity that will support emergency patient air transfers to and from the hospital’s proximity.”
The NPA has supported developing transportation options for Nanaimo and surrounding mid-island areas.
Bernie Dumas, President and CEO for the NPA commented, “we have strongly supported the opportunity to offer this dedicated helicopter landing area and with the recent expansion of the heliport, it now allows emergency first responders to meet the community’s’ needs, all while making this area a truly multi-modal transportation hub.”
The Nanaimo Regional General Hospital’s heliport is temporarily closed due to surrounding construction plans currently underway. The PHS Heliport is certified and recognized by Transport Canada, meeting the latest in safety and operating helidrome standards required.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock