The Nanaimo Port Authority (NPA) and Pacific Heliport Services Ltd. (PHS) are pleased to announce that an upgrade project to expand the existing heliport located on NPA’s Cruise Centre lands has received final certification and approval for flight operations effective November 6, 2016.
As the licenced manager of the private Nanaimo Heliport facility, PHS currently accommodates Helijet’s scheduled helicopter service to Vancouver and Victoria. It will now also be able to accommodate British Columbia’s Air Ambulance helicopters during their 7/24 emergency air service requirements. Two additional helicopter landing apron sites were allocated on the heliport site, allowing two helicopters to be positioned for flight operations simultaneously during day and night operations, seven days a week.
PHS President and CEO Danny Sitnam commented, “we are very pleased that we were able to work with our landlord, the Nanaimo Port Authority, along with the Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, in establishing this additional heliport capacity that will support emergency patient air transfers to and from the hospital’s proximity.”
The NPA has supported developing transportation options for Nanaimo and surrounding mid-island areas.
Bernie Dumas, President and CEO for the NPA commented, “we have strongly supported the opportunity to offer this dedicated helicopter landing area and with the recent expansion of the heliport, it now allows emergency first responders to meet the community’s’ needs, all while making this area a truly multi-modal transportation hub.”
The Nanaimo Regional General Hospital’s heliport is temporarily closed due to surrounding construction plans currently underway. The PHS Heliport is certified and recognized by Transport Canada, meeting the latest in safety and operating helidrome standards required.
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery