A $50 million upgrade to the Singapore Armed Forces’ facilities at the Oakey Army Aviation Centre, has been awarded to Toowoomba-based construction company FKG Group.
The project will include refurbishment of helicopter training facilities and the construction of new logistics and maintenance facilities and airfield infrastructure for the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF), which bases its helicopter training at Oakey. The new work is being done to support an additional detachment of Boeing CH-47 airframes that is due to be deployed to the RSAF’s Helicopter Squadron.
The program of work is expected to commence in December and take 11 months to complete.
The RSAF’s helicopter squadron utilises the Oakey Army Aviation Centre following an agreement between the Australian and Singaporean governments.
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K
- LifePort Delivers Lightweight Armor Kit for Columbia Helicopters
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Boeing Awards Components Manufacturing Contract to COTESA
- Government of Greece– CH-47D Helicopters
- Columbia Helicopters receives Boeing Gold Award
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership