FEC Heliports HEMS-Star® portable LED helipad lighting system to be exhibited for the first time at this year’s National Air Ambulance Conference 2016.
FEC Heliports Worldwide Ltd has years of experience in the design, manufacture and supply of portable lighting systems to customers worldwide and HEMS-Star® is the latest product designed for the emergency services.
Fraser MacKay, Commercial Director at FEC Heliports Worldwide, said, “It is part of the ethos of our company that we are continuously seeking to improve and enhance our product range and with HEMS-Star®, we have created a smaller, lighter product but with improved functionality and performance.
In the UK our portable lighting systems are already in service with Midland Air Ambulance, Wales Air Ambulance, North West Air Ambulance and the Scottish Ambulance Service. And we are pleased to say that we have also recently sold HEMS-Star® to the Philippines and Mexican Navies, and the United Nations for their peacekeeping mission in Mali.”
HEMS-Star® is a rechargeable portable battery powered LED lighting system designed for rapid deployment to provide safe and effective marking at designated or ad-hoc landing areas. HEMS-Star® system is wireless enabled for remote or pilot VHF activation operational line of sight at ranges up to and in excess of 10km. With NVG compatible red, blue, green, white visible LEDs and infra-red it is programmable to show steady -on, flash warning, location beacon or Morse Code and has optional automatic sunset switching. HEMS-Star® allows rotary or fixed winged aircraft to identify landing areas at night at distances up to 16km. A full case weighs only 10.6Kg and is rechargeable in its case via mains at 100-240V AC, vehicles at 13.5-28VDC, solar or wind power and is IP65 rated.
HEMS-Star® is the upgraded version of the popular HeliLight System which has been operational in the field for two years. Our portable lighting systems are deployed on a global scale in the United Kingdom, the USA, Russia, Bangladesh, Kenya, Mozambique, The Philippines, Mexico and Japan.
HEMS-Star® has FCC certification for operation in the USA and CE certification for the European Union. Both certifications are generally accepted worldwide.
See us at the National Air Ambulance Conference 2016, which will be held at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London on the 14th November 2016
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics