FEC Heliports HEMS-Star® portable LED helipad lighting system to be exhibited for the first time at this year’s National Air Ambulance Conference 2016.
FEC Heliports Worldwide Ltd has years of experience in the design, manufacture and supply of portable lighting systems to customers worldwide and HEMS-Star® is the latest product designed for the emergency services.
Fraser MacKay, Commercial Director at FEC Heliports Worldwide, said, “It is part of the ethos of our company that we are continuously seeking to improve and enhance our product range and with HEMS-Star®, we have created a smaller, lighter product but with improved functionality and performance.
In the UK our portable lighting systems are already in service with Midland Air Ambulance, Wales Air Ambulance, North West Air Ambulance and the Scottish Ambulance Service. And we are pleased to say that we have also recently sold HEMS-Star® to the Philippines and Mexican Navies, and the United Nations for their peacekeeping mission in Mali.”
HEMS-Star® is a rechargeable portable battery powered LED lighting system designed for rapid deployment to provide safe and effective marking at designated or ad-hoc landing areas. HEMS-Star® system is wireless enabled for remote or pilot VHF activation operational line of sight at ranges up to and in excess of 10km. With NVG compatible red, blue, green, white visible LEDs and infra-red it is programmable to show steady -on, flash warning, location beacon or Morse Code and has optional automatic sunset switching. HEMS-Star® allows rotary or fixed winged aircraft to identify landing areas at night at distances up to 16km. A full case weighs only 10.6Kg and is rechargeable in its case via mains at 100-240V AC, vehicles at 13.5-28VDC, solar or wind power and is IP65 rated.
HEMS-Star® is the upgraded version of the popular HeliLight System which has been operational in the field for two years. Our portable lighting systems are deployed on a global scale in the United Kingdom, the USA, Russia, Bangladesh, Kenya, Mozambique, The Philippines, Mexico and Japan.
HEMS-Star® has FCC certification for operation in the USA and CE certification for the European Union. Both certifications are generally accepted worldwide.
See us at the National Air Ambulance Conference 2016, which will be held at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London on the 14th November 2016
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation