Great North Air Ambulance, which operates three AS365 Dauphin Helicopters in the northern-most counties of England was last week the recipient of £1 Million. GNAA was one of eleven air ambulance charities which received similar donations from a Government fund levied on banks for manipulating the LIBOR (London Inter-Bank Offered Rate).
In a statement attributed to its Chief Executive Grahame Pickering, GNAA stated “We had applied for £1.9m funding through the Treasury…. The £1m we have been allocated is a welcome boost towards this project, though the £900k shortfall leaves us with some work to do to reach our target. It’s a shame that the decision leaves something of a question mark over a project which will ultimately save lives and ease suffering of patients, young and old”.
To put this in perspective, the charity’s most recent annual accounts show they had £4.484 million in the bank, and the highest-paid employee earned over £120,000 for at least the second year running.
Let’s hope the other recipients of these banking fine grants sound more grateful!
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK