Colombia’s civil aviation authority Unidad Administrativa Especial de Aeronáutica Civil (UAEAC) has approved the Offshore and Utility Type Certificate for Sikorsky’s S-76C™ series (C, C+, C++), S-76D™ and S-92A® helicopters. The certificate enables Colombia’s commercial aviation operators to add the multi-role helicopters for transportation of workers or cargo to offshore oil and gas rigs, as well as regional airline passenger service, and VIP transportation.
“The approval by UAEAC authorizing transportation companies across Colombia to operate the S-76D and S-76C medium helicopters and heavy lift S-92 in Colombia is an exciting development,” said Dana Fiatarone, vice president, Sikorsky Commercial Systems & Services. “These multi-role aircraft will provide profitable, high reliability flight operations to local operators.”
“Colombians know the robustness, reliability and industry leading safety record of Sikorsky products thanks to the history of Black Hawks in Colombia, where more than 100 have operated for over 20 years,” said Adam Schierholz, Sikorsky Regional Executive for Latin America. “As Colombia moves to a peacetime footing, with infrastructure development and oil exploration as priorities, it is a natural progression to have Sikorsky commercial products introduced to the country.”
In Colombia, Sikorsky maintains training and support facilities in Melgar that employ more than 40 Colombian national employees. These facilities operate as Sikorsky’s regional hub for support in Latin America.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 800 S-76 helicopters to customers globally since 1979. More than four million of the fleet’s nearly seven million total flight hours have been flown in support of offshore oil transportation, and the aircraft boasts low operating costs and an accident rate that is half that of the industry’s average.
Sikorsky has delivered nearly 300 S-92 helicopters since 2004. With a best-in-class safety record, the multi-mission S-92 aircraft is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation. These helicopters perform search and rescue missions, head of state missions, and a variety of transportation missions for utility and airline passengers.
- Robinson Opens Dedicated MRO Facility
- Christoph 47 with blood and plasma preserves in use
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to receive Government grant
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- LCI successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance