Stirling Dynamics, leaders in active control technology, is pleased to announce its continued support of SGB Enterprises, experts in flight simulators and procedural training systems, with a new contract to supply active controls for their UH-60 and CH-47 helicopter simulators. This contract builds upon a long term relationship involving joint development of the equipment.
SGB will provide its proven Cockpit Avionics Procedural Tool with visual and flight control systems (CAPTE-VCS) – a highly effective and accurate training tool for start-up, shutdown, on-ground and in-air emergency procedures. Stirling will be responsible for supplying seven cockpit control sets and spares. Each set includes both pilot and co-pilot controls which include active cyclics, collectives and pedals. Under this new contract, which is in excess of $1m, Stirling will export the simulator sets to SGB in six shipments throughout 2017.
SGB and Stirling have been working together since 2014 when they collaborated to develop the first UH-60M CAPTE-VCS system which was showcased at the I/ITSEC 2014 trade show.
“Stirling is extremely pleased to extend our partnership with SGB and to see their training systems encompass an increasing range of platforms and reaching an ever wider user community,” said Gareth Vaughan, Stirling’s Aerospace and Marine Systems (AMS) Business Manager. “The SGB CAPTE-VCS product is proving to be an excellent training platform and we are proud to support the flagship model with our active simulator flight control technology.”
The award of this contract is further proof that Stirling’s active controls are at the forefront of simulator technology.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit