Bristow Academy A&P Mechanic Gerald Marchal was one of 40 aircraft maintenance professionals under the age of 40 from all segments of the aviation industry to receive Aircraft Maintenance Technology (AMT) magazine’s 40 Under 40 Next Gen Award. The award recognizes men and women who go above and beyond in their careers and are an example of what the industry needs to keep the world flying.
Nominated for this year’s awards by a colleague, Marchal is featured in the cover story of AMT’s November/December 2016 issue.
Marchal has been an A&P Mechanic at Bristow Academy since 2012, responsible for three Bell 206s used in the military training program for mountain and night vision goggle training.
“I am exceptionally proud that Jerry has been chosen for this prestigious award,” said Bristow Academy Director Todd Smith. “I’ve known him for many years. While his role inside of the Academy may have changed over those years, first starting as a student pilot, then apprentice engineer and senior technician, his unwavering dedication to the Bristow Way and his commitment to a Target Zero industry has always remained the same.”
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters