PAC International delivered a refurbished Airbus EC145 to Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program. The aircraft interior components were completely refurbished to include reconditioning of the Metro EMS interior, ADS-B and WAAS upgrades, and an update with Allegheny Health Network’s corporate branding.
“The installation and painting of the aircraft from PAC was delivered on schedule, and we are extremely pleased with the work performance and the attention to detail,” said Jim Palafoutas, Director of LifeFlight. “The workmanship is quite apparent when you see these helicopters.”
The aircraft was also updated with the Outerlink IRIS flight tracking, monitoring and communication system. “This upgrade will allow tighter tracking of the aircraft and operational oversight by Metro’s Operational Control Center,” said Palafoutas.
LifeFlight is an operations customer of Metro Aviation, PAC’s parent company, and provides regional emergency helicopter and critical care ground transportation services for critically ill and injured patients who need immediate specialized care.
Since the late 1970’s, LifeFlight has completed more than 70,000 missions working side-by-side with EMS providers and community hospitals in a four-state area.
“For more than 25 years, we have customized and completed hundreds of helicopters, and put great emphasis on working with our customers to deliver the custom configuration they need and want,” said PAC Director of Administration Dayna Cortazzo. “With safety and FAA certification as our primary guide, we strive to provide the desired equipment and configuration that these teams require in their commitment to saving lives, and we are proud to partner with LifeFlight and their team.”
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive