Rockwell Collins is integrating regional sand and dust storm forecast information into the company’s ARINCDirect flight planning tools, enabling business aviation operators in those areas to improve safety and on-time performance.
“Over the past 15 years,a number of factors have resulted in an increase in the frequency, intensity and operational impact of sand and dust storms in the Middle East and surrounding areas,” said Bob Richard, senior director, ARINCDirect for Rockwell Collins. “Integrating high-resolution forecast information into our flight and international trip support services will provide safety and performance benefits for business aviation operators in the region.”
The data used by ARINCDirect is sourced and exclusively licensed from the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre, host of the first World Meteorological Organization’s Regional Specialized Meteorological Center with activity specialization on Atmospheric Sand and Dust Forecast, the Barcelona Dust Forecast Center for the EuMEA region. The data has been used by government authorities for air quality monitoring, as well as industrial and aviation interests.
Rockwell Collins is exhibiting this week at the MEBAA Show in Dubai. Stand No 421 (December 6th to 8th).
ARINCDirect provides business aviation operators with the single most comprehensive portfolio of flight support solutions in the industry including cabin connectivity services, flight planning, regional and international trip support and flight operations management.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week