|Global aeronautical communications provider Satcom Direct (SD) announced today at MEBAA 2016 that it has closed its purchase of TrueNorth Avionics, a manufacturer of cabin communications solutions. With the acquisition of TrueNorth complete, SD significantly expands its ability to provide advanced communications systems for VIP and VVIP aircraft. Satcom Direct will be explaining the benefits of the new deal to Middle Eastern delegates attending MEBAA 2016 at Booth 477.
|Ottawa, Canada-based TrueNorth Avionics designs, develops and manufactures satellite communications solutions for aircraft operators and avionics OEMs. TrueNorth will become a business unit within the SD family of companies focused on advanced avionics development.
“TrueNorth is a leader in the wide- and narrow-body aircraft market, providing airborne connectivity systems to heads of state, VIPs and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. It also develops custom solutions to meet the unique demands of the VVIP market. The pairing of SD and TrueNorth enables us to deliver the complete connected aircraft; cockpit to cabin,” said Jim Jensen, founder and CEO of SD.
The acquisition of TrueNorth broadens SD’s avionics product portfolio and accelerates SD’s efforts to bring fully integrated communications solutions to customers. The Satcom Direct Router (SDR) and SD Pro flight operations platform combined with TrueNorth’s highly advanced avionics will give aircraft operators an unrivaled ability to manage their aircraft communications systems, while giving passengers a user experience which exceeds their expectations.
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics