|Global aeronautical communications provider Satcom Direct (SD) announced today at MEBAA 2016 that it has closed its purchase of TrueNorth Avionics, a manufacturer of cabin communications solutions. With the acquisition of TrueNorth complete, SD significantly expands its ability to provide advanced communications systems for VIP and VVIP aircraft. Satcom Direct will be explaining the benefits of the new deal to Middle Eastern delegates attending MEBAA 2016 at Booth 477.
|Ottawa, Canada-based TrueNorth Avionics designs, develops and manufactures satellite communications solutions for aircraft operators and avionics OEMs. TrueNorth will become a business unit within the SD family of companies focused on advanced avionics development.
“TrueNorth is a leader in the wide- and narrow-body aircraft market, providing airborne connectivity systems to heads of state, VIPs and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. It also develops custom solutions to meet the unique demands of the VVIP market. The pairing of SD and TrueNorth enables us to deliver the complete connected aircraft; cockpit to cabin,” said Jim Jensen, founder and CEO of SD.
The acquisition of TrueNorth broadens SD’s avionics product portfolio and accelerates SD’s efforts to bring fully integrated communications solutions to customers. The Satcom Direct Router (SDR) and SD Pro flight operations platform combined with TrueNorth’s highly advanced avionics will give aircraft operators an unrivaled ability to manage their aircraft communications systems, while giving passengers a user experience which exceeds their expectations.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation