Safran Helicopter Engines has signed a 10-year contract with NAHEMA (NATO Helicopter Management Agency), to support RTM322-powered NH90 operated by the French Army Light Aviation (ALAT) and French Navy. This contract also covers the NH90 operated by Belgian Army and Navy and the Royal Netherlands Armed Forces. This contract will cover 130 rotorcraft in coming years for a turnover of 180 Million Euros. It is first Safran’s Global Support Package (GSP) contract signed to support NH90 fleet.
This agreement satisfies the NAHEMA and Nations requirement for optimum availability of engines during their search and rescue and military operations, both at home or while on deployment.
The GSP guarantees turboshaft availability at a fixed price per engine flying hour, and enables military operators to focus on their core activities. This close technical partnership with the OEM provides the customer with full budget control during the contract period.
Fortunato di Marzio, NAHEMA General Manager, said: “This GSP will allow the French, the Belgian and the Dutch NH90 operators to benefit from a very effective engine-support for their RTM322 engines, especially during their operational tasks. The contract is the result of a very good and fruitful partnership between NAHEMA and Safran Helicopter Engines”.
Franck Saudo, Safran Helicopter Engines Executive Vice President Support & Services, said: “This contract marks a major new milestone in our partnership with NAHEMA and French, Belgium and Dutch armed forces. We will deliver world-class services to guarantee their engine availability; thus demonstrating that the GSP model is particularly well-suited to supporting the engine fleets of modern air forces”.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software